The City of Tulsa is holding a drug take-back event on Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., where you can drop off your unused and expired medications, so they can be disposed of properly.
Unwanted medications are a source of accidental poisonings, overdoses and abuse.
Many people think it’s okay to flush them down the toilet, but officials say that can pollute waterways with chemicals.
No syringes, inhalers, or liquids will be accepted.
Drop off locations include:
- Reasor’s at 41st and Peoria
- Reasor’s at 41st and Yale
- Reasor’s at 71st and Sheridan
- Walgreen’s at Pine and Lewis
- MET Recycling Center at 35th and Sheridan
- Sand Springs Police Department.