102.3 KRMG Tulsa’s News & Talk is once again proud to partner with Make-A-Wish Oklahoma for the 15th year of its Stories of Light radiothon. The three-day event is the largest fundraiser for the nonprofit organization in Oklahoma and will run from November 17th-19th. During the radiothon, the KRMG team will share heartwarming and inspiring stories from local Wish Kids and their families and encourage listeners to donate and support the work of Make-A-Wish.
“This is one of the biggest years yet for this fundraiser,” says Levi May, Director of Branding & Programming of 102.3 KRMG Tulsa’s News & Talk. “Not only is it our 15th year raising money to help families in their darkest hour, but the coronavirus has negatively impacted fundraising for Make-A-Wish. We are happy to work with our listeners to try and bridge that donation gap to ensure all kids get their wishes granted. We will also be providing alternative ways to those that want to continue to social distance, but still want to be able to donate.”
KRMG has helped raise more than $3 million through Stories of Light over the past 14 years and has set a goal of raising more than $300,000 this year. Listeners can donate on KRMG.com, the KRMG App, by texting WISH to 70123, in person at LaFortune Park Baseball parking lot area on November 17th-19th, or at one of five (5) Reasor’s locations (Brookside, Broken Arrow, Jenks, Owasso, and Bixby) on Thursday, November 19th. The amount raised during the three days will be announced on 102.3 KRMG on Thursday evening as part of a large finale celebration.
Donations collected from Stories of Light enable Make-A-Wish Oklahoma to create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Every penny raised goes to Make-A-Wish kids and their families in Oklahoma. Learn more about the event on KRMG.com and the KRMG App.
Where and When to Donate
- Tuesday, November 17th from 3pm to 7pm @ LaFortune Park Baseball Parking lot at 59th and Yale
- Wednesday, November 18th from 5am to 7pm @ LaFortune Park Baseball Parking lot at 59th and Yale
- Thursday, November 19th from 5am to 7pm @ LaFortune Park Baseball Parking lot at 59th and Yale
- Thursday, November 19th from 7am to 6pm @ Reasor’s in Tulsa (41st & Peoria in Brookside)
- Thursday, November 19th from 7am to 6pm @ Reasor’s in Broken Arrow (71st & Lynn Lane)
- Thursday, November 19th from 7am to 6pm @ Reasor’s in Owasso (86th St. North and Highway 169)
- Thursday, November 19th from 7am to 6pm @ Reasor’s in Bixby (11116 S. Memorial)
- Thursday, November 19th from 7am to 6pm @ Reasor’s in Jenks (446 S. Elm Street)
Or, click HERE to donate online now.
About Make-A-Wish Oklahoma
- The mission of Make-A-Wish is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.
- The Oklahoma chapter serves children who live across our state in all 77 counties. All funds raised by our chapter stay in Oklahoma to help grant Oklahoma wishes.
- Founded in 1982, Make-A-Wish Oklahoma has granted more than 3,000 wishes.
- Every 35 minutes Make-A-Wish® grants the wish of a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition in the United States and its territories
Thank You To Our In-Kind Donors:
Ontiveros Family Foundation
Tents for the KRMG Stories of Light fundraiser for Make-A-Wish Oklahoma are provided by Party Pro Rents. Party Pro Rents is proud to be involved in the Make A Wish, “Stories of Light” for over a decade. Every year Party Pro gives non-profit discounts to give back to Tulsa.
Cox Media Group