Tulsa, Okla. - If you're taking the highways to Grandma's house on Thanksgiving, we'll try to steer you around the worst of the road construction.
Here in Tulsa, the usual culprits are still there at I-44 at Lewis, where the widening project is going on.
Also on I-44, at 177th East Avenue, ODOT says there's a tricky shift onto new pavement going eastbound.
And State Highway 151 over the Keystone Dam is still closed.
We know at least some of you will be going through Oklahoma City, and ODOT says the interchange where I-44, I-235, and Broadway Extension come together is a real mess right now, with lots of ramp and lane closures.
I-40 is narrowed by Yukon, and I-35 is narrowed south of Norman.
Here's the full TRAFFAX report from ODOT:
I-40 narrowed near Sayre, Beckham Co.
I-40 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between US-283 and SH-152 near Sayre.
US-183 narrowed north of Snyder, Kiowa Co.
US-183 is narrowed to one lane at Glen Creek approximately 11 miles north of US-62B in Snyder.
SH-7 narrowed near Lawton, Comanche Co.
Westbound SH-7 is narrowed to one lane between SH-65 and I-44 near Lawton.
SH-18 closed, detoured near Agra, Lincoln Co.
SH-18 is closed in each direction at West Beaver Creek one mile south of SH-105 near Agra. The southbound detour is SH-105 west to US-177, US-177 south to SH-66 and SH-66 east to SH-18. Northbound detour is SH-66 west to US-177, US-177 north to SH-105 and SH-105 east to SH-18.
SH-66 closed, detoured near Warwick, Lincoln Co.
SH-66 is closed in each direction at the Deep Fork River one mile east of US-177 near Warwick. A local detour is in place.
US-60 narrowed at US-59 junction near Afton, Ottawa Co.
East and westbound US-60 is narrowed and traffic is shifted to the eastbound bridge at the US-59 junction east of Afton.
US-169 narrowed near US-60 junction near Nowata, Nowata Co.
US-169 is narrowed in each direction near the US-60 junction south of Nowata.
US-69 narrowed north of Kiowa, Pittsburg Co.
Northbound lanes of US-69 are narrowed from Kiowa to approximately six miles north of Kiowa.
Oklahoma City Metro - For a map of major construction projects in the OKC metro area visit: www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsmedia/traffax/okc
Broadway Ext./I-235/I-44 interchange in Oklahoma City
Drivers can expect the following ongoing lane and ramp closures at the Broadway Ext./I-235/I-44 interchange. Throughout the project, drivers are advised to expect lengthy delays.
· The eastbound I-44 on-ramp from Western Ave. will be closed until further notice
· The right lane of eastbound I-44 will be closed from Western Ave. through the I-235 interchange throughout the project
I-40 narrowed, lanes shifted; SH-4 (Mustang Rd.) narrowed in Yukon
· I-40 is narrowed to two lanes in each direction between Garth Brooks Blvd. in Yukon and Council Rd. in Oklahoma City. The speed limit is lowered to 55 mph.
· East and westbound I-40 is shifted slightly between Morgan Rd. and Mustang Rd.
· SH-4 (Mustang Rd.) is narrowed between Reno Ave. and N.W. 10th St.
I-35 ramps at Main St. in Norman closed
All ramps at the I-35/Main St. interchange in Norman will remain closed until the new ramps are completed. Drivers are encouraged to exit I-35 at Robinson St. when coming from the north or at Lindsey St. from the south or avoid the area if possible. East and westbound Main St. remains open through all phases of construction
I-35 narrowed south of Norman
North and southbound I-35 are narrowed to two lanes at the South Canadian River bridge, south of SH-9 East in Norman. Motorists are advised to expect congestion and use US-77 as an alternate route; however, it is an active work zone.
I-44/177th E. Ave. widening project
All lanes of eastbound I-44 are shifted to a new section of pavement at 177th E. Ave. (Lynn Lane). Use caution as traffic adjusts to this new route.
SH-151 closed at Keystone Dam near Mannford
SH-151 is closed to through traffic between the SH-51 and US-412/US-64 junctions until late 2014 for a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project. Drivers can use SH-48 or SH-97/SH-51 as a detour during this project.
I-44/Lewis Ave. widening project - lane and ramp closures
· All lanes of north and southbound Lewis Ave. are closed at the I-44 junction.
· The east and westbound I-44 off-ramps to Lewis Ave. are closed; use Harvard Ave. or Peoria Ave. for access to Lewis Avenue.
· The westbound I-44 on-ramp from Lewis Ave. is closed. Use ramps at Harvard Ave. or Peoria Ave. to access westbound I-44.
I-244/Arkansas River bridge project – For a map of this construction zone visit: www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsmedia/traffax/tulsa
As part of a bridge replacement project, plan for extra travel time for detours on the Inner Dispersal Loop.
Lane and ramp closures until further notice include:
· East and westbound I-244 is narrowed to two open lanes in each direction between 21st St. to 2nd St.; all traffic is shifted to the westbound I-244 bridge.
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to eastbound I-244 (south leg to west leg IDL) is closed through fall 2014. Follow detour at the southeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop to east and north legs.
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51ramp from Denver Ave. closed until fall 2014.
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to westbound I-244/southbound US-75 (south leg IDL to Arkansas River)
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 on-ramp from Denver Avenue.
· The westbound I-244 off-ramp to eastbound US-64/SH-51 (west leg to south leg IDL).
· The eastbound I-244 ramp to 7th Street and the eastbound I-244 ramp from 17th Street