A 911 caller panics and makes a confession while he's on the phone for help. The call was made about 11:15 p.m. Thursday from an apartment near 61st and Peoria. Gary Kruse with the News On 6 tells us "the caller had said that he had messed up while cooking meth and his apartment was on fire." The fire was confined to one unit at the Tamarack Place Apartments at 1136 East 60th Street. Kruse says firemen "quickly extinguished the fire. It was confined to just one apartment. There was some smoke in some adjoining apartments but they used equipment to blow that smoke out."
We're told the caller was taken to the hospital for treatment to some burns that he had received when the meth lab exploded.