- WHAT: 10th Annual Tulsa Holiday Blood Drive with the American Red Cross, KRMG and FOX23. (Area residents have the opportunity to give more life while helping boost the blood supply prior to the holidays)
- WHEN: Wednesday, December 20th and Thursday, December 21st from 7am – 7pm
- WHERE: The Red Cross Tulsa Blood Donation Center - on E. 11th Street just west of 169. – The KRMG Morning and Evening News will be broadcasting live on location both days. Come on by and say hi while you give the give of life. (We also have a 2nd location to donate at, which is at the Woodland Hills Mall from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m)
GIVEAWAYS: All those coming to donate during the Tulsa Holiday Blood Drive will receive a long-sleeved Red Cross T-shirt, while supplies last.
INFO: Find all the info on KRMG.com and the KRMG App.
MORE DETAILED INFO:
- Appointments for the Tulsa Holiday Blood Drive can be made by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
The Red Cross urges eligible donors to give more life by donating blood or platelets now.
- Blood and platelet donations decline as people get busy with holiday activities and travel
- Patients don’t get a holiday from needing blood or platelets. The Red Cross must collect nearly 14,000 blood donations every day to help ensure patients get the treatment they need.
- During the season of giving, give the most important gift – more life.
The Red Cross is grateful to those who stepped up to give blood or platelets this year following historic disasters and heartbreaking tragedies. Yet, few people realize that donations are a year-round necessity to respond to everyday patient emergencies.
- It’s the blood already on the shelves that helps save lives during an emergency.
- Donated blood is also essential for cancer treatments, childbirth complications and other crucial surgeries.
- Volunteer donors are the only source of blood and platelets for those in need of transfusions.
- New and repeat donors are encouraged to give to help ensure blood is available whenever and wherever needed.