WHAT: 6th Annual KRMG & FOX23 StormCon – presented by Iron Tight Safe Rooms
WHEN: Saturday, March 30th from 10am to 1pm.
WHERE: KRMG Performance Center at 2625 S. Memorial Dr.
Each year we gather our KRMG StormTrackers and pull back the curtain to let you meet and hear from our severe weather experts. Join KRMG’s Dan Potter, Rick Couri, Russell Mills, Skyler Cooper, FOX23 and KRMG Meteorologists Michael Seger, Megan McClellan, Brad Carl, Laura Mock, National Weather Service Meteorologist-in-Charge Steve Piltz and National Weather Service Hydrologist Nicole McGavock for a fun and educational morning.
We have really worked hard to make sure this event is for the entire family. There are workshops for the adults, and workshops for the kids too.
We have StormCon Passports for everyone in attendance. Get yours fully stamped by visiting all the workshops, then enter to win prizes, like KRMG hats, t-shirts, some swag from FOX’s prime time lineup, including, The Orville, The Masked Singer, Family Guy, the Simpsons, Lethal Weapon, plus Jimmy Buffett Tickets and more!
If you have been to StormCon before, you know one loyal listener in attendance will win a brand new Iron Tight Safe Rooms…that loyal listener could be you!
And JUST ADDED - a big thank you to 2 Pops Catering! They will be serving lunch at StormCon. Including Savory Breaded Chicken / Jalapeno Breaded Chicken / 2 Pops Mix - Baked Beans and Fried Okra.
- Drone Demonstrations - see these real weather gathering tools in action!
- Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance –hands on display for the kids – Safe Room Challenge: Students design safe rooms with the provided materials and then test their strength with hair dryer tornado winds!
- Meet the KRMG StormTrackers – Rick Couri, Russell Mills, and Skyler Cooper will display Radio equipment used during Storm Tracking
- National Weather Service – Meteorologist in Charge Steven Piltz and Hydrologist Nicole McGavock
- Technology used at NWS to predict severe storms and tornados and how those warnings are determined and sent.
- Technology used at NWS to predict floods and how those warnings are determined and sent - hands on flood model.
- Meet a Meteorologist! What goes into becoming a FOX23 and KRMG meteorologist, why did they choose this profession, etc.?
- Newly added to StormCon - The American Red Cross with preparedness kit examples and EMSA will bring one of their trucks to check out for the kids!
- The Green Screen! – See how the FOX23 and KRMG Meteorologists use the green screen to show you the weather you see on TV every day and night – great learning opportunity for the kids!
- Storm Tracking Vehicles will be on display
- VIP Tour of the KRMG and FOX23 studios - VIP radio & TV tour -at 11:45am we will draw names at the event
MAIN STAGE Key Note this year (12:30pm) – Dan Potter introduces Greg McLaughlin from Silver Lining Tours – he is a StormTracker we work closely with. He will be here to show you the beauty and power captured from many of the incredible storms he has come into contact with, including tornadoes, and tell you the stories behind what you see. You will also be able to find out how to take a tour with Greg and Silver Lining Tours!
- No registration is needed to enter this event - you can come when it is convenient for you since each workshop will be about 20 minutes, and then we will start again so you can rotate as you see fit.
- Bring the whole family!