- 3rd Annual Great Graft Race
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4th 2017
Get ready for the 3rd year of the Great Raft Race's revival on the Arkansas River. Register now to participate in this classic Tulsa event on Labor Day Monday September 4th 2017. Register yourself or your team of participants for a kayak, canoe, paddleboard, inflatable raft, or the crowd favorite creative homemade rafts.
Participants will be able to compete in the recreational category
“Pokey Okie” and leisurely float down the AR River while enjoying the views and soaking up the sun. Speed Demons participate in the “Race Category” and see who’s rowing muscle can take them the fastest down the river! We will be giving awards for top 3 times in the 2 race categories; Canoe/Kayak/Sup & Homemade Raft. OR Compete directly against other local businesses for bragging rights in this year’s “Corporate Challenge”. Corporate Challenge participants receive VIP tent access at the Bud Light Boatyard Bash where free food, drink, and adult beverages catered by Elote will be provided.
Raft Race Design Challenge
Ready to showcase your design and construction skills?? Or will you have the most creative kookiest raft on the river, and just hope it floats?? Good news is we are rewarding both! The Raft Race Design Challenge will give out awards for the following
- Best of Show- The best overall design of the Great Race, blending construction, creativity, sea-worthiness, style, and fun!!
- Best Engineered Raft - The best engineered, constructed, and most intricate functioning raft.
- Most Creative - The most creative, artistic, funny raft. Costumes encouraged!
All homemade raft participants are automatically entered to compete in these categories.
Bud Light Boatyard Bash
You don’t want to miss the official Great Raft Race finish line party! Come out and enjoy the end of summer with us on Labor Day and cheer your favorite rafts to the finish line! The Bud Light Boatyard Bash is located at River West Festival Park on the Arkansas River. Admission is FREE! Bring lawn chairs and a blanket and find your perfect spot of grass on the riverbank to enjoy the party!
- Live Local Music
- Food Trucks
- Inflatable Kids Zone
- Yard Games - new for ‘17
- Retail Vendors
Sand Sculpture Challenge
- A 15-year Tulsa tradition that ended in 1993
- Competition will be headlined and judged by world famous sand sculpture and international sand champion John Gowdy
- This will take place during the Great Raft Race Bud Light Boatyard Bash After Party
- $250 to participate
- Sign up at http://tulsaraftrace.com
American Airlines STEM School Challenge
- Tulsa’s Great Raft Race will host the American Airlines STEM School Challenge where students can participate in building a raft and taking part in September’s event
- Participating schools will be given STEM Raft Race curriculum to teach prior to raft construction and the raft construction guide via STEM Education Principles
- KKT Architects and American Airlines will provide engineers to support student led teams in their raft building
- Ten schools will be selected to participate for free and schools from all over the region are encouraged to apply
- Teachers can apply at http://tulsaraftrace.com
Raft Race Rental Zone presented by Arrowhead Resort
- For the first time, participants can rent a raft or kayak that will be provided for them at the launch area in Sand Springs
- Spectators can also rent a kayak at the Bud Light Boatyard Bash at West Festival Park for the best view of the Raft Race from the water