Up in smoke: Marijuana smoker in Maine causes fire in field, officials say

For once, grass caused a wildfire in a field.

According to the Maine Forest Service, a man from Washington County, who was smoking marijuana while mowing a field Thursday, fell down and lost the joint, the Bangor Daily News reported.

The man, who was mowing the field with a battery-powered mower, got up and walked away, officials said.

“He then walked back up to his house and then turned and noticed the field was on fire,” according to the forest service.

Two acres went up in smoke, the Daily News reported.

mobile apps

Everything you love about krmg.com and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!