Authorities are working to bust an unusual theft ring in Sand Springs.
Tulsa County deputies and Sand Springs police are investigating after finding several stolen vehicles this week in the woods behind a burned home near Long and Broad streets and Walmart.
Authorities say their investigation began when a truck with GPS was stolen from a Sand Springs business early in the week.
Investigators tracked down that truck to the property in the woods where they found three other cars stolen out of Sand Springs in addition to the truck.
Along with the stolen cars was an RV stolen out of Collinsville.
Investigators say the thieves were living in the RV and powering it using electricity from nearby homes.
The thieves are also accused of hooking up a water hose to neighboring businesses and homes -- attaching it to outdoor water spigots and stealing water from them.
One neighbor says a recent water bill was $100 more than normal.
Police say they have a person of interest in the case but are still investigating. They say multiple arrests could be made in their investigation going forward.
- LGBTQ history to be taught in Illinois public schools starting next year
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Man who threw meth-fueled ‘death party’ for ailing wife gets 3 years in prison
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mike Tyson says he smokes about $40K worth of weed a month
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone