Mostly Cloudy
H 93° L 73°
  • cloudy-day
    Current Conditions
    Mostly Cloudy. H 93° L 73°
  • cloudy-day
    Mostly Cloudy. H 93° L 73°
  • cloudy-day
    Partly Cloudy. H 91° L 71°

Krmg news on demand

00:00 | 00:00


Krmg traffic on demand

00:00 | 00:00


Krmg weather on demand

00:00 | 00:00

Mass shooting in San Bernardino, CA leaves several people dead

Mass shooting in San Bernardino, CA leaves several people dead

Mass shooting in San Bernardino, CA leaves several people dead
A swat team arrives at the scene of a shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., on Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015. Police responded to reports of an active shooter at a social services facility. (Doug Saunders/Los Angeles News Group via AP)

Mass shooting in San Bernardino, CA leaves several people dead

UPDATE 7:00 p.m. CST: The search continues for a possible suspect in a mass shooting that left 14 people dead and 17 injured in San Bernardino Wednesday.

Conflicting reports indicate that between one and three suspects were involved in a shootout with police after officers attempted to stop a black SUV.

At least one of them was reportedly shot and killed at that scene.

Dozens of officers could be seen combing the neighborhood near that shootout, rushing to try and pin down the location of any suspects in the area before darkness fell.

More information has begun trickling out about the original shooting scene at the Inland Regional Center.

Apparently, the gunfire erupted at a Christmas Party that was being held by an agency at that location.

There have been wildly varying descriptions of the suspects, but most accounts agree that there were three shooters, dressed in black and wearing masks at the Inland Regional Center.

Witnesses say the suspects involved in the shootout involving the SUV appeared to be dressed in black, but were not wearing masks at that time.

Oddly, the shootout occurred hours after the initial shooting, but only about a mile or two from the attack.

UPDATE 6:30 p.m. CST: It now appears two suspects in the San Bernardino mass shootings have died after a gun battle with police.

Investigators have only confirmed that officers following up on leads from the mass shooting encountered a black SUV believed to have been involved in the murders.

There are reports that a third suspect escaped the second scene and may be hiding in a nearby neighborhood.

Multiple 911 calls came in from residents of the area reporting a man running through the area.

Police confirm one officer was injured in the shootout with the occupants of the SUV, and was taken to an area hospital.

SBPD says that officer's wounds are not life-threatening.

UPDATE 5:40 p.m. CST: Video feeds from multiple sources confirm police SWAT teams have surrounded a black SUV in San Bernadino.

Reports from the scene indicate one suspect down and probably dead, two others may remain barricaded inside the SUV and have refused to surrender.

A number of apparent bullet holes were visible on the front windshield of the SUV.

Multiple tactical vehicles surround the SUV, including one that appears to be dedicated to handling high explosives.

UPDATE 5:30 p.m. CST: There are reports of a possible shootout in San Bernardino involving the occupants of a black SUV.

Police report one suspect was injured or killed in the incident.

What isn't clear yet is whether that shootout is connected to the mass shooting earlier Wednesday at the Inland Regional Center.

Police have also updated the number of victims in those shootings, saying they believe 14 people died and 17 were injured.

UPDATE: 4:15 p.m. CST: Investigators in San Bernardino, California now confirm at least 14 people have died in the nation's most recent mass shooting.

Reports indicate at least another 14 people were injured.

The attack began about 11:00 a.m. local time, 1:00 p.m. Central Time, at a facility called The Inland Regional Center, a facility that provides services to disabled people and others in need.

It's believed there were up to three attackers involved, and some witnesses say they wore military-styled clothing and possibly body armor.

Police confirm they have not made any arrests, and it now appears the suspects are at large.

A black Yukon SUV was seen driving away from the scene moments after the attack, though police aren't positive the vehicle contained possible suspects.

The FBI and ATF both has teams on the ground at the scene.

UPDATE 3:40 CST: Reports from San Bernardino now indicate at least one, if not all of the suspects have escaped the scene and a manhunt is underway.

For the first time, investigators have confirmed multiple fatalities, and indicated that they believe there were at least three shooters.

A black SUV, reportedly a Yukon, was reportedly seen leaving the scene, but because it had tinted windows witnesses couldn't tell how many people might have been inside, nor how they were dressed.

Some reports indicate the suspects were dressed in military-style clothing and possible wearing body armor.

UPDATE: Authorities now confirming to FOX News that they believe there are three suspects, all armed with rifles and all still at large.

At least one suspicious device was discovered in a building, which led police to withdraw and call in the bomb squad.

Authorities are also searching for an SUV who left the area about the time of the shooting, though it's unclear if it may have contained suspects.

At least a dozen people are reported dead and perhaps twenty or more injured in a mass shooting in San Bernardino, California.

Early reports indicate multiple gunmen, possibly wearing masks and carrying semiautomatic rifles opened fire around 1:00 p.m. Central Time, 11:00 a.m. Pacific.

A massive police response surrounds the building where the situation remained active nearly an hour later.

The building involved appears to be the The Inland Regional Center, provides services to disabled people and others in need.

KRMG is following this rapidly developing story and will update you on air, online and on mobile devices as more information becomes available.

Read More

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

  • A duck boat accident on Table Rock Lake in Branson, Missouri, killed 17 people Thursday night, including the boat’s driver and nine members of an Indiana family, according to authorities. Fourteen other people were injured. >> Read more trending news  Update 12:50 p.m. EDT July 22: The 17 people killed in the duck boat accident have all been identified, according to The Associated Press. They are: Indiana family members 45-year-old Angela Coleman, 1-year-old Arya Coleman, 69-year-old Belinda Coleman, 76-year-old Ervin Coleman, 7-year-old Evan Coleman, 40-year-old Glenn Coleman, 70-year-old Horace Coleman, 2-year-old Maxwell Coleman, and 9-year-old Reece Coleman. Missouri natives 69-year-old William Asher, 68-year-old Rosemarie Hamann, 63-year-old Janice Bright, 65-year-old William Bright, and 73-year-old Bob Williams. Arkansas natives 53-year-old Steve Smith and 15-year-old Lance Smith. Illinois native Leslie Dennison, 64. Update 8:45 a.m. EDT July 21: The Stone County coroner confirmed to KSDK that William Asher, 69, and his girlfriend, Rose Hamann, were among those killed in Thursday night's duck boat accident in Missouri. The news station reported that the couple lived in St. Louis County, Missouri. They were visiting Branson to celebrate Hamann’s birthday, which was on Monday, according KSDK. Todd Dennison’s mother, 64-year-old Leslie Dennison, was also killed in the boat accident, the Kansas City Star reported. In an emotional and brief interview Friday, Todd Dennison told the newspaper that his mother was visiting Branson with his 12-year-old daughter, Alicia, and that they were together for less than an hour before they boarded the duck boat. He told the Star that while in the hospital on Thursday night, his daughter told him that she could feel her grandmother pushing her upward from below while the boat was sinking.“She said her grandmother saved her,” Todd Dennison told the Star. Update 1:30 a.m. EDT July 21: Authorities have identified more victims in the duck boat accident. Steve Smith and his teenage son, Lance Smith, from Osceola, Arkansas, were among those killed in the crash. Steve Smith was a pastor and Lance Smith was preparing to open his own church in less than a week, according to CNN, first reported by The Christian Chronicle.  Steve Smith’s daughter, Loren Smith, suffered a concussion during the accident but survived. Smith’s wife, Pam Smith, opted to stay behind and was not on the boat. William and Janice Bright from Higginsville, Missouri, near Kansas City, were also identified as victims in the crash. WDAF reports that the couple had three children, 16 grandchildren and had been married for 45 years. “My great nieces and nephews now have no grandparents,” Karen Abbott, William Bright’s sister, told WDAF. Update 11:00 p.m. EDT July 20: A summer vacation ended in tragedy for nine members of an Indiana family, along with eight other tourists, killed when a duck boat capsized Thursday evening on a lake in Branson, Missouri. The Coleman family had traveled to Branson for their annual road trip, according to The New York Times, which interviewed Carolyn Coleman. Coleman said she lost two of her brothers-in-law and that three generations of the family died in the accident, including four young children, the Times reported. “We just lost some wonderful people,” she said. The Indianapolis Star reported that the four children killed in the accident were all under the age of 10. 'They were very loved,' Ingrid Coleman Douglas said in a telephone interview with the Star. Coleman Douglas said the victims included two of her uncles, cousins and their children. 'It’s a huge family on all sides. It’s unimaginable. I would never have thought I would have lost this number of people this way,' she said. Coleman Douglas identified the victims as her uncles Horace 'Butch' Coleman and Irving Raymond Coleman; Horace Coleman's wife, Belinda Coleman; her cousins, Angela Coleman and Glenn Coleman; Angela's 2-year-old son Maxwell; Glenn's two sons Evan and Reece; and his 1-year-old daughter, Arya. Glenn's wife, Tia Coleman, and Angela's older son, whose name has not been released, survived the accident, the Star reported. Update 5:15 p.m. EDT July 20: Stone County authorities now say all 17 of the victims in the duck boat accident have been accounted for and that nine of the victims were from the same family, according to Gov. Mike Parson’s office. Two members of the family, identified by local news outlets as the Coleman family, survived. Officials said the victims range in age from 1 to 70 years old. Meantime, mourners are putting flowers on the victims’ cars in the Ride the Ducks parking lot, and the community of Branson, Missouri, is holding several candlelight vigils Friday night in memory of those killed.  One of the vigils is scheduled at Table Rock Lake where the accident happened, according to KY3-TV. Update 4:30 p.m. EDT July 20: Family and friends are mourning the staggering loss of life on Table Rock Lake Thursday evening. One woman lost nine members of her family, USA Today reported, citing Gov. Mike Parson’s office. Update 2:20 p.m. EDT July 20: Branson Mayor Karen Best told The Associated Press that Bob Williams, the man who was driving the Ride the Ducks boat that sunk Thursday in a southwest Missouri lake, was a “great ambassador for Branson” who “was at every event.” Seventeen people died, including Williams, and 14 others were injured Thursday when the duck boat capsized in Table Rock Lake, according to authorities. Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader said earlier Friday that the boat’s captain survived. In a statement posted on Facebook, employees of Ride the Ducks Branson said the business would be closed “while we support the investigation, and to allow time to grieve for the families and the community.” “This incident has deeply affected all of us. Words cannot convey how profoundly our hearts are breaking,” the statement said. “Thank you for your support, and we ask that your thoughts and prayers be with the families during this time.” Update 11:40 a.m. EDT July 20: Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader said Friday morning that authorities recovered four more bodies after a duck boat capsized in southwest Missouri, KSMU reported, bringing the death toll from Thursday’s incident to 17. Rader said 14 people were taken to hospitals after the incident. He said the driver of the Ride the Ducks boat died. The captain survived. Update 11:20 a.m. EDT July 20: Nearly two decades ago, the National Transportation Safety Board issued a warning about boats with overhead canopies like the one that sank Thursday on Table Rock Lake after a deadly accident claimed 13 lives in Arkansas, according to the Kansas City Star. The Miss Majestic duck boat was carrying 21 passengers when it sank in 1999 in Lake Hamilton, the Star reported. Authorities found seven dead passengers trapped inside the boat when they recovered it, four of which were pinned to the underside of the canopy, according to the Star. “Contributing to the high loss of life was a continuous canopy roof that entrapped passengers within the sinking vehicle,” NTSB officials said in an accident report. Authorities continued searching Friday for four people who are presumed dead after Thursday’s accident in southwest Missouri. Officials said 13 other people have been confirmed dead in the incident. Update 10:25 a.m. EDT July 20: Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader said divers are going back in the water Friday in search of four people who remain missing and are presumed dead after Thursday’s duck boat accident on Table Rock Lake. Rader said the search had shifted to “recovery mode for the bodies that are still missing,” at a news conference Friday morning. 'It's been a long night,” Rader said. “It's been a very trying night.” Rader said the driver of the Ride the Ducks boat died but that the captain survived. Update 10:05 a.m. EDT July 20: Authorities are expected to provide an update on the investigation into Thursday's deadly duck boat accident in Missouri at a news conference Friday. Update 9:55 a.m. EDT July 20: President Donald Trump shared sympathies Friday to the families and friends of the people involved in Thursday’s deadly duck boat accident in southwest Missouri. “Such a tragedy, such a great loss,” the president wrote Friday in a tweet. “May God be with you all!” Update 8:15 a.m. EDT July 20: Officials with the State Highway Patrol said Friday that two more bodies have been found after Thursday’s duck boat accident in southwest Missouri, bringing the death toll to 13.  >> On AJC.com: Bahamas boating tragedy brings vacation safety to the forefront State Highway Patrol Sgt. Jason Pace said four other people remained missing. Original report: Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader said 14 people were taken to hospitals after the incident. Seven were being treated early Friday, he said. The boat capsized after a strong line of thunderstorms moved through the area around 7 p.m. Thursday. Rader said weather “was a factor” in the incident. Authorities said the boat had 31 people on board, including children, when it capsized.  The boat had life jackets on board, according to CNN. The news network reported that other boats on the water docked before the bad weather hit. The National Transportation Safety Board has sent a team to investigate and are asking anyone who witnessed the accident to come forward. A dive team and rescue officials worked through the night to find survivors. They ended the search around 11 p.m., according to KY3. Emergency responders set up a staging area overnight on the lakeshore near the Showboat Branson Belle, local media reported, although the Belle was not involved in the accident. Branson officials opened an emergency shelter inside city hall for the victims. National Weather Service meteorologist Steve Linderberg said a top wind speed of 63 mph was measured around 7 p.m. Thursday at Branson Airport.  “There’s nothing to slow down winds in an open area,” he said. Missouri Gov. Mike Parson is watching the developments. DUKW, known as duck boats, are six-wheel-drive amphibious vehicles that were used by the U.S. military during World War II and the Korean War.  Since then, duck boat tours have become popular and are offered on lakes and rivers around the United States, including Missouri, Wisconsin, Massachusetts and Alabama. Ripley Entertainment acquired the Ride The Ducks in Branson in late 2017 from Ride the Ducks International, a subsidiary of Norcross, Georgia-based Herschend Family Entertainment Corp. Ride the Ducks International manufactures amphibious vehicles and licenses them for tours at affiliates. It also operates duck tours at Stone Mountain Park in Georgia. The company formerly operated tours in several other cities, including Baltimore, San Francisco and Philadelphia. But in recent years it ended operations following deadly accidents.  In 2015, a Ride the Ducks tour bus collided with a charter bus carrying student on the Aurora bridge in Seattle. Five students were killed and several others injured. The Associated Press and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution contributed to this report.
  • Tulsa detectives are investigating an early Sunday morning homicide. The fatal shooting happened around 2:18 a.m. outside of a club near Apache and Yale. Sgt. Dave Walker says everything started with a disturbance at another bar. “The disturbance carries over into this parking lot where he ends up shot several times,” Walker said.   It’s believed the shooter wasn’t involved in the disturbance at the bar.  Instead, Walker states the suspect may have been called to the club parking lot to play the role of cavalry.   So far, the shooter is still on the loose. Police are interviewing witnesses downtown.   Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS.  
  • A man is said to have non-life threatening injuries after getting shot in the shoulder late Saturday night. The shooting happened around 11 p.m. outside of a QuikTrip near 41st and Memorial. An officer at the scene reports an altercation occurred between four people in a champagne colored car and two people inside of a truck. “One of the individuals kicked the back of the truck,” the officer said.  “Another one gets out with a pistol and fires one round into the truck, striking the driver in the shoulder.” The shooter then jumped back in the car and took off down the road. A female inside the truck wasn't hurt. Police have not released a description of the shooter.  We do know investigators have plenty of witnesses and surveillance video from the store.   Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS.
  • It didn't take Tulsa investigators long to find a stabbing suspect on Saturday.  That's because Leon Davis called police to report he had stabbed the victim in self-defense and the knife was in his pocket.  He apparently made the call after leaving the scene.   The stabbing allegedly happened around 3:43 p.m. at the Cove Apartments near 11th Memorial. A police supervisor reports the victim was stabbed in the abdomen and it's believed his injuries are non-life threatening.  After speaking with detectives, Davis was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. “The suspect's claim of self-defense was not supported by the evidence and his statement to detectives,” the supervisor said.   Davis has been booked into the Tulsa County Jail.  
  • The Federal Bureau of Investigation on Saturday released a highly redacted copy of the application made by the bureau to a special intelligence court, asking to establish surveillance in the fall of 2016 on Carter Page, a one-time foreign policy adviser to President Donald Trump’s campaign, showing officials feared that Page was working with Russia to undermine the Presidential election. “The FBI believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian Government,” the document states – interrupted by redactions – but then continues, “undermine and influence the outcome of the 2016 U.S. Presidential election in violation of criminal law.” The FBI released an unclassified version of the FISA application document after requests under the Freedom of Information Act. At one point, the 412 page document states that “the FBI believes that the Russian Government’s efforts are being coordinated with Page and perhaps other individuals associated with Candidate #1’s campaign.” “Page has established relationships with Russian Government officials, including Russian intelligence officers,” the documents states, before additional evidence was redacted, in order to protect intelligence sources and classified information.