A man is safe after firefighters rescued him from a fire at an apartment in Sapulpa early Wednesday morning. Firefighters say someone reported the fire at an apartment building near Main St. and Dewey Ave. just before 2 a.m.
Crews got there and rescued a man inside who had been sleeping in the unit next to the one that was on fire.
That man didn’t get hurt and went to stay with family.
First responders tell us there was no one inside the unit where the fire started, and they’re still working to find out how it began.
The owner told firefighters the building is one of the oldest standing structures in Sapulpa, it’s an old house that has been converted into apartments.
One of the units is a total loss, but the entire building will still be able to be used.