Looking for a lifesaving way to celebrate Independence Day?
The American Red Cross, KRMG and FOX23 invite you to be an all-American hero and roll up your sleeve at the Red, White and YOU Blood Drive
Join us July 1-2 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Tulsa Blood Donation Center.
- Center is located at 10151 E. 11th St.
- Secondary location is Woodland Hills Mall from 12:30-5:30 p.m.
All donors at the Red, White and YOU Blood Drive will receive a free T-shirt, and can register to win a pair of VIP passes to KRMG’s air conditioned tent to enjoy free food and beverages at the Riverparks July 4th Freedomfest fireworks show.
Enjoy the feeling of doing something good to celebrate our nation’s birthday.
While Independence Day is traditionally celebrated with fireworks, parades and cookouts, the American Red Cross, KRMG and FOX 23 encourage you to start a new family tradition this summer – giving blood.
Donating blood during the Red, White & You Blood Drive will help the Red Cross ensure there is blood on hospital shelves throughout the summer.
This time of year, donations usually decrease because people are taking vacations and schools are out of session. This decline is even more noticeable around holidays like Independence Day.
Donors of all blood types are needed to ensure a sufficient blood supply this summer, especially O positive, O negative, A negative and B negative. Eligible donors are encouraged to make an appointment to donate, but walk-ins are also welcome.
Here is all you need to donate:
- Be 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in Oklahoma)
- High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements
- Weigh at least 110 pounds and be in generally good health.
- A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of ID
Help ensure blood is available for those in need this summer, donate blood at the Red, White and YOU Blood Drive.