It took 90 cows but together, they created enough methane to partially raise the roof.
Cops explained by saying "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames."
One of the bovine beauties was slightly burned but was treated and will be fine. The roof of the structure also suffered minor damage.
Jeremy Cowles may have summed up everyone’s feelings when he tweeted “cow farts are a serious health hazard.”
The dairy cows were inside a barn in Rasdorf, Germany yesterday when the explosion occurred.
Farmers and police are not sure why the gas built to dangerous levels inside the building.
Embarrassed, the cows refused to comment but did say they may have to moooooooove.