- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- 12-year-old girls accused of stabbing friend to please fictitious creature
- Stolen baby pictures returned to grieving mother
- Police: Loyal dog found alive next to missing deceased owner
- Judge tells attorney 'I'll beat your ...' and allegedly throws punches
The next installment in weird stories on American interstates comes from I-575 in Georgia.
Police say 35-year-old Kelly Teague was driving his Cadillac Escalade on the interstate Thursday afternoon when he came across three turkeys crossing the road.
Teague says the car next to him hit the middle turkey and sent the bird flying into his windshield. Although the windshield was badly damaged, Teague and the turkey survived. Police say Teague had a few cuts and scratches to his face. His wife, who was in the passenger seat, and a male relative, who was in the back seat, were not hurt.
Emergency crews and firefighters arrived on scene and assisted the turkey, which was still alive, away from the highway and back to safety.