- Report: Your instant ramen noodles could be killing you
- Woman caught allegedly having sex with dog, then poisons roommates
- Police: Teacher arrives at school drunk, keeps drinking
- An unexpected mourner deals with Robin Williams death
- Woman stole wine to follow boyfriend to jail, police say
The mother of slain teenager Trayvon Martin has written a letter for Time Magazine addressed to the parents of slain teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.
Martin's teen son, Trayvon Martin, was shot and killed by George Zimmerman on the rainy evening of February 26, 2012. Zimmerman was acquited of murder charges in Martin's death in July of 2013.
Since his death, Martin's mom, Sybrina Fulton, has spoken regularly to community groups about the loss of her son.
Her letter in Time Magazine to the Brown family begins:
I wish I had a word of automatic comfort but I don’t. I wish I could say that it will be alright on a certain or specific day but I can’t. I wish that all of the pain that I have endured could possibly ease some of yours but it won’t. What I can do for you is what has been done for me: pray for you then share my continuing journey as you begin yours.
Read the entire letter here.