- Newlywed couple killed in head-on crash with each other
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Son gives dad '57 Chevy for 57th birthday - a childhood promise
- Two killed, multiple injured trying to retrieve cellphone from toilet
- 13-year-old cancer victim leaves behind secret note
We've heard of dogs saving the lives of familes when fire errupts inside a home, but what about a pig?
An Illinois family is crediting their pet potbellied pig named Lucky for saving their lives when their trailer home caught fire over the weekend.
According to WFIE, Ina Farler said Lucky woke up the grandmother and her grandchildren by squealing, jumping to and from the bed and running to the door. She said when she finally sat up, Farler realized the room was filling with smoke.
When firefighters arrived at the home, flames were shooting from the side of the trailer according to the Courier Press.
The house and everything the family owned is gone, but Farler and her family, including Lucky got out of the fire safely WFIE reported.