- 3-year-old killed by falling security gate at ice cream shop
- Texas teen sparks outrage over dead animal Facebook photos
- 9-year-old girl squeals on pot-growing parents
- Watch as two bystanders help officer under attack
- Family dog coughs up long-lost ring
Yet another parent is accused of leaving a baby inside a hot, locked car, but in this case, the child was rescued after a passerby called 911. (nola.com)
Gloria Elzy, 44, told police she forgot the baby was in the car, which was parked in the parking lot of a strip mall. The baby was in the car for more than a half hour before being rescued.
Police said a responding officer broke into the car, where the temperature had reached at least 130 degrees.
The unresponsive, sweating infant was rushed to a hospital, where he made a full recovery.
Elzy noticed police surrounding her car and ran out “in shock,” police said, claiming that she had dropped her other children off at a friend’s house but forgot to leave the baby with them.
Elzy was arrested on the cruelty charge and another unrelated charge of failing to appear on a warrant. (wwltv.com)