Trending on Facebook
- Woman's touching letter reaches family years after her death
- Girl's lost letter to Santa falls from sky to stranger with incredible connection
- For sale: 'Slightly haunted' home
- Report: Phil Robertson to return to "Duck Dynasty"
- Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
A New Hampshire volunteer firefighter arrived at the scene of a car crash Christmas Eve, only to make a heartbreaking discovery.
The town’s police chief told the Union Leader, Whitcomb didn’t recognize her at first: “Her father was the one who pulled her out of the car without knowing it was her.”
According to police, 30-year-old Katie Hamilton was attempting to make a left turn when a car struck her from the rear, knocking her into the other lane where she hit a pick-up truck head on. (Via WMUR)
The drivers of the other two vehicles were uninjured. Police say alcohol was not a factor in the crash and have ruled out speeding.
According to the Nashua Telegraph, Whitcomb and his daughter worked together in the plumbing business. He told the paper: “You grieve and then you try to put it all back together.”
Hamilton leaves behind a husband and three children.
- See more at Newsy.com