- Child’s deathbed thoughts focused on helping others
- Woman calls police about her laced meth
- Giant flying bug with fangs discovered in China
- Police: Woman raped, stabbed by man she met on dating website
- Mystery of creepy porcelain lookalike dolls solved
A walk at the beach turned tragic when the pilot had to set the small plane down on the beach.
36-year-old Ommy Irizarry was killed, and his 9-year-old daughter injured in the incident.
It’s not clear if the plane hit the two or if other objects thrown by the crash caused the injuries. Police near Venice Florida’s Caspersen Beach say a woman who watched the scene was also taken to a hospital with chest pains.
ABC news reports there were two people in the plane, neither was hurt.
The Tampa Tribune reports the Sarasota Sheriff’s office said the Venice airport was “contacted by a pilot whose small plane was in distress. He knew he couldn’t make it back to the airport and was going to try to land on the beach. And he did land at the edge of the water on the beach."
The FAA is investigating but believes the plane lost power before the crash.