- A 9-month-old arrested for attempted murder?
- Facebook photo may have saved girl's vision
- Tyson Foods recalls frozen chicken nuggets
- Spiders (yes, spiders) cause Mazda recall
- 5-year-old boy exposes Xbox Live security bug
Three west Florida teenagers are still alive because of the quick actions taken by a woman and her father.
Jennifer Paige of Pasco County, just north of Tampa, witnessed a minivan collide head-on with a tree next to her front yard on Sunday.
Paige and her father rushed to the vehicle in an attempt to save the people inside.
They managed to smash a window and pulled out three teenagers, before the car burst into flames.
Family members were in the area at the time.
"We are so grateful to them," said one of the teens' relatives Diane Caler. "This has been a horrendous shock, especially since we saw the helicopter land and fly, never dreaming that it was our kid that was on it."
Unfortunately, the driver, 16-year-old Kevin Monaco, was trapped and died.
One teen has broken legs and is badly burned.
The other two are expected to be OK.