ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day
56°
Cloudy
H 67° L 36°
  • cloudy-day
    56°
    Current Conditions
    Cloudy. H 67° L 36°
  • cloudy-day
    37°
    Morning
    Cloudy. H 67° L 36°
  • cloudy-day
    46°
    Afternoon
    Partly Cloudy. H 48° L 29°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg news on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg traffic on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg weather on demand

00:00 | 00:00

National
Donna Brazile tells critics of her new book to 'go to hell'
Close

Donna Brazile tells critics of her new book to 'go to hell'

Fast Facts Donna Brazile

Donna Brazile tells critics of her new book to 'go to hell'

Former Democratic National Committee chairwoman Donna Brazile said Sunday that critics of her new book could “go to hell” as she faces a backlash for comments about Hillary Clinton and what took place during the 2016 Democratic primary process.

Brazile, speaking on ABC’s “This Week,” responded to members of Clinton’s 2016 campaign who said excerpts from the book released last week painted an inaccurate picture of what went on during the campaign.

"For those telling me to shut up, they told Hillary that a couple months ago. You know what I tell them? Go to hell," Brazile said. "I'm going to tell my story. Why am I supposed to be the only person who is unable to tell my story?"

On Saturday, top members of Clinton’s campaign signed an open letter to Brazile saying in part that they "do not recognize the campaign she portrays.”

In the new book, which is set to be published on Tuesday, Brazile said she considered replacing Clinton as the Democratic nominee after she stumbled and appeared to faint while at a 9/11 memorial service in New York last fall. According to Brazile, she wanted a Democratic ticket of former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Corey Booker, (D-New Jersey).

>>Donna Brazile says she found ‘proof’ that Clinton rigged Democratic race against Sanders

Brazile also slammed Clinton’s campaign for its actions and Debbie Wasserman Schutz, the former head of the DNC, for agreeing to give Clinton’s campaign control over DNC finances and personnel decisions.

Joe Raedle
Democratic party chairperson Donna Brazile talks with audience members before the debate between Republican vice-presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence and Democratic vice-presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine at Longwood University in Farmville, Va., Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016. (Joe Raedle/Pool via AP)
Close

DNC chair Donna Brazile to raise money in Atlanta for Georgia Democrats

Photo Credit: Joe Raedle
Democratic party chairperson Donna Brazile talks with audience members before the debate between Republican vice-presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence and Democratic vice-presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine at Longwood University in Farmville, Va., Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016. (Joe Raedle/Pool via AP)

Brazile describes an agreement between the Hillary Victory Fund, a joint fundraising organization between the campaign and the DNC, Hillary for America, Clinton’s campaign, and the DNC. In exchange for the paying down of the DNC’s debt, Clinton’s campaign was given control of the “party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised,” Brazile wrote.

“Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign and had been paying that off very slowly. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off until 2016. Hillary for America ... and the Hillary Victory Fund ... had taken care of 80 percent of the remaining debt in 2016, about $10 million, and had placed the party on an allowance.”

Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-ins and Breakdowns that Put Donald Trump in the White House” will be published Tuesday by Hachette Books.
For the full interview, see below:

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

  • 32-year-old Joseph Womble is serving an 11-year sentence for first-degree robbery. Womble says conditions at a state prison violated his constitutional rights. The inmate says that the ice machine and water fountain in his unit stopped working and that water from his cell sink was contaminated and made him sick. He also alleges that temperatures in his cell at the Mack Alford Correctional Center, in Stringtown, exceeded 90 degrees 15 times in June 2016, causing him to become dehydrated. A federal judge in Muskogee dismissed the lawsuit, but the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals reinstated it in a decision on Tuesday.
  • An employee of a gun range in Texas accidentally shot and killed a patron as he worked on a rifle Tuesday morning, police said.  The patron, Joshua Luke Cummings, 36, of Cypress, had just exited his vehicle in the parking lot of Hot Wells Gun Range when a bullet struck him in the head, KTRK in Houston reported. He was flown to Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, where he died.Harris County Sheriff’s Office officials told the news station that an employee was working on a hunting rifle inside the building when it accidentally discharged. “The bullet went through the wall of the small range house and struck a patron who was walking through the parking lot,” Harris County Senior Deputy Thomas Gilliland told the news station.  It was not immediately clear why the rifle was loaded while the employee handled it. KTKR reported that homicide investigators were looking into whether it was human error or a gun malfunction that caused the gun to fire.  Cummings’ Facebook page shows that he was the father of three young children. Heartbroken friends said the Cummings children are triplets. A YouCaring fundraiser page was established to help his wife, Kathleen, and their children. As of noon Wednesday, the page had raised nearly $10,000 of the $25,000 goal.  “Josh Cummings has always been an amazing father, faithful, hardworking husband completely devoted to his faith, family and friends,” one woman wrote on Facebook. “Until we meet again, goodbye, our sweet friend.” Hot Wells officials apologized in a statement that they said would be brief because they “simply do not have the words to express the sorrow in (their) hearts.” “For 44 years, we have operated this facility accident-free, yet today, we are shaken by tragedy,” the statement read.  They said that they would have no comment on the details of the accident while the investigation was ongoing.  “We understand that this accident has, and will continue to affect the lives of many,” the statement read. “We ask that our community joins us in prayer for the healing of all parties involved.”
  • Japan’s recent decision to up its patrols in response to rising appearances ofimplies there might be a serious problem with North Korea’s food supply. >> Read more trending newsThe Guardian reports that at least 28 North Korean boats washed ashore or were found adrift in Japanese waters, the result of North Korean fishermen’s decision to push farther and farther out to sea to make bigger catches for their military, citizens and exports to China. Several of the vessels found were “ghost ships,” labeled as such when found with either a dead or missing crew. Though the number of stray vessels found in Japan this year is consistent with last year’s number, some have expressed concern for the high number of ships found in November compared to the number found last November. The Washington Post offered possible explanations for the spike in appearances, including food shortages which may be the result of tougher sanctions recently passed against the country. “North Korean fishermen have to work harder than ever before, and they have to go farther out into the sea, but they don’t have new boats,” said Atsuhito Isozaki, associate professor of North Korean studies at Keio University in Tokyo. “Plus, North Korea doesn’t have enough gasoline anymore, so they’re running out of fuel.” The concerning state of North Koreans’ food supply was highlighted last month following the dramatic rescue of a North Korean soldier who defected while on duty. Oh Chong Song abandoned his post in November and began to run toward South Korea. He was shot at more than 40 times by his fellow soldiers, and at least five bullets hit him. South Korean soldiers were able to crawl to the area where he lay and he was transportedto a hospital by a United Nations Command helicopter. While rushing to save his life, trauma surgeon Lee Cook-Jong discovered parasitic worms, some were over 10 inches long, in the soldier’s digestive tract. The worms, which have been discovered in other defectors, indicated the use of a detrimental, government-backed approach to health and agriculture in the country: night soil. “Night soil” is a fertilizer made up of human excrement and used by North Korean farmers. There is a perception in the country that night soil makes food taste better and the method has even been personally supported by dictator Kim Jong-Un. The five-hour surgery consisted of removing a bullet, fixing a number of wounds caused by the bullet and removing the parasitic worms that were making their way out of Oh Chong Song’s body. “In my over 20-year-long career as a surgeon, I have only seen something like this in a textbook,” Cook-Jong later said of the flesh-colored parasites he found.
  • Don’t accuse men of overreacting when they’re sick —, according to a new study. Dr. Kyle Sue, a clinical assistant professor in family medicine with the Memorial University of Newfoundland, published an article in the British Medical Journal, contending that men seem to experience worse symptoms of cold an flu than women. >> Related: 7 ways to prevent your child from getting the flu this season Sue’s study also noted that U.S. research showed men had higher rates of deaths linked to flu compared to women of the same age. “I do think that the research does point towards men having a weaker immune response when it comes to common viral respiratory infections and the flu,” Sue told The Guardian. “This is shown in the fact that they [have] worse symptoms, they last longer, they are more likely to be hospitalized and more likely to die from it.” In Ohio, for example, the flu seems to be impacting populations earlier than usual this year. The Ohio Department of Health said the state is above the five-year average for the number of cases reported at this time of year and “significantly higher” than the same time last year.