- 7 tons of hummus recalled from Target, Trader Joes
- Father relieved after wife in coma gives birth to healthy baby boy
- Teen shoots 6-foot rattlesnake that bit mother dog, puppies
- 19-year-old kills herself after porn audition
- 7 places you should never use your debit card
The rankings are based on information that came from a new study conducted by finance website WalletHub.
Three categories decided the rankings: Economic Environment, Quality of Life and Health Care.
WalletHub says the average officer is only 42 years old when he or she retires from service. That means they are still looking for work when they get out of the military.
Job opportunities for military veterans were a big factor in the Economic Environment category.
Oklahoma ranks number 9 out of 51. The study ranked all 50 states plus Washington D.C.
The worst on the list were California (51) and New York (50). The best were New Hampshire (2) and Wyoming (1).