H 48° L 39°
  • heavy-rain-night
    Current Conditions
    Showers. H 48° L 39°
  • rain-day
    Showers. H 48° L 39°
  • clear-night
    Clear. H 54° L 29°

Krmg news on demand

00:00 | 00:00


Krmg traffic on demand

00:00 | 00:00


Krmg weather on demand

00:00 | 00:00

Man robs store wearing flower pot as disguise, wielding chainsaw


Trending on Facebook

More Popular and trending stories

If there were awards for such things, an Australian teen would assuredly win the prize for most unique robbery attempt. 

According to the Queensland Times, police were called to a local 7-Eleven store after reports that a chainsaw-wielding suspect, wearing a flowerpot on his head to disguise his identity, made a memorable attempt to rob the store.

Workers at the convenience store say around 4:30 a.m. Monday the suspect, Steven Frank Steele, entered the store and began terrorizing them in an attempt to rob the place.

They say Steele "lunged at them" with the chainsaw and then attacked several display racks and a window while demanding money. 

Police say things got even more bizarre when Steele dropped his pants "exposing his buttocks" to the shocked store employees.

See more irresistible stories

Instead of handing over cash, the two employees fled to a back room to escape the chaos.

Steele allegedly then gave up and left with only a bottle of soda. 

He didn't get far. A police officer responding to reports of the robbery noticed Steele walking down a nearby street and placed him under arrest.

The allegedly stolen chainsaw was found nearby in a bush by a police dog.

Steele is charged with multiple crimes, including one count of armed robbery, two counts of willful damage, one count of public nuisance and with damaging a parked vehicle while fleeing the crime scene.

Investigators say Steele was drunk during the late-night rampage.

Read More

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

  • Winner, winner, before that chicken dinner. >> Read more trending news A North Carolina woman is $1 million richer after buying a scratch-off ticket while purchasing her meal, WRAL reported. Sayanna Bragg bought a dozen chicken wings and a soft drink at a Durham convenience store and decided to purchase a Million Dollar Fever scratch-off ticket.  When she got to her car, Bragg began to scratch the ticket. “When I saw the fire symbol, I knew I won something,” she told WRAL. “I was hoping it was at least $10, that way I’d win my money back, or even $100. When I saw what it was, I cried tears of joy. I jumped out of the car and ran back into the store yelling ‘I did it! I hit $1 million.’” The store clerk at the Cruizers store confirmed that the ticket was a million-dollar winner. Bragg did not hesitate, driving to the state lottery headquarters in Raleigh to claim her winnings. Bragg decided to take the lump-sum payout and cleared $423,000 after taxes, WRAL reported. Bragg said she plans to use some of her winnings to take a trip to Jamaica. “I’m going to take a long vacation,” Bragg told WRAL. “I have family in Jamaica, so I want to go back and see them. This is a day I’ll never forget.”
  • Tulsa police say a serial robber is in the hospital in critical condition after trying to rob Forest Acres Liquor Thursday night near 14th and Memorial. The mother and daughter, who were working at the liquor store, were both armed. Both of the women fired at the suspect, who police later identified as Tyrone Lee. Investigators say one of the women was assaulted by Lee before he was shot. FOX23 obtained the video.  WARNING: The video is graphic. Click HERE to watch.
  • Syrian government warplanes supported by Russia continued their relentless bombardment of the rebel-controlled eastern suburbs of Damascus for a sixth day Friday, killing five people, opposition activists and a war monitor reported. The death toll from the past week climbed to more than 400. The number of casualties has overwhelmed rescuers and doctors at hospitals, many of which have also been bombed. World leaders a day earlier called for an urgent cease-fire in Syria to allow relief agencies to deliver aid and evacuate the critically sick and wounded from besieged areas to receive medical care. But Russia’s U.N. ambassador Vassily Nebenzia, who called Thursday’s meeting, put forward last-minute amendments, saying the proposed resolution was “simply unrealistic.” A new vote was likely Friday. The United States accused Syrian President Bashar Assad of planning “to bomb or starve” opponents in besieged eastern Ghouta into submission — just as it did in Aleppo. Kelley Currie, U.S. ambassador for economic and social affairs, told the U.N. Security Council that the Syrian leader is counting on Russia, a key ally and veto-wielding member of the council, to make sure it “is unable to stop their suffering.”
  • For nearly a decade,believed their infant son was dead. Instead, they discovered the child is alive; an “administrative mix-up” led to miscommunication. >> Read more trending news In 2011, the couple, who live in Volgograd, were told by their doctor that their newborn boy would die within the week, The Independent reported. Believing that their time with him was coming to a close, the parents made the difficult decision of signing over their baby to the hospital. Five days later the couple returned to reclaim their child. But hospital officials told them the boy had already died. Seven years went by and the couple learned in a rather disturbing manner that there had been a miscommunication of information. Russia’s Federal Bailiff Service seized a substantial amount of money from the mother’s bank account. When she questioned the move, she was told that she owed 230,000 rubles, which is just over $4,000, to a child care home. She was told the home had raised her son since his birth. “It became clear that the married couple had been assured for all this time that the child was dead,” explained a spokesman for the bailiff service. “The parents, so unexpectedly aware of the ‘resurrection’ of their baby, immediately appealed to the court for the restoration of parental rights.” The couple were able to restore their rights in November. They said that the final result of the ordeal “a gift from fate.”
  • Former Trump Campaign aide Rick Gates pleaded guilty in a Washington, D.C. federal court on Friday to a pair of charges brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, becoming the third person from the President’s 2016 campaign to accept a plea bargain with investigators, who are probing Russian interference in the 2016 elections. For weeks, news reports had said that Gates was under pressure to agree to cooperate with prosecutors, as he was the one-time right hand man to former Trump Campaign Manager Paul Manafort. The feds say both men engaged in extensive efforts to avoid reporting millions of dollars in income from political work done for a pro-Russian leaders in Ukraine. In new documents filed earlier in the day, the feds again set out a highly detailed and extensive series of financial transactions by Manafort, Gates – and several unnamed conspirators – to funnel “millions of dollars in payments” into foreign companies and bank accounts around the world. Along with pleading guilty to charges of defrauding the United States by conspiring to avoid taxes on millions of dollars in payments , Gates acknowledged in this plea bargain to lying to investigators – just three weeks ago. One additional note – on that day that Gates lied to investigators, February 1, his original attorney filed a motion with a federal judge to immediately withdraw as Gates’ lawyer. The reason wasn’t known – as the details were filed under seal, and kept secret. Gates is the fifth person to publicly plead guilty to a charge in the Mueller investigation; none of the allegations leveled by the feds against either Manafort or Gates have centered on Russian interference in the 2016 elections. Gates also becomes the third member of the Trump Campaign to plead guilty in this probe, joining foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos, and former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The plea bargain would seem to ratchet up the pressure on Manafort, as the two men have worked together for many years in the private sector as political consultants and lobbyists, and then for Mr. Trump in 2016. Gates was originally indicted along with Manafort in late October 2017 on a 12-count indictment covering money laundering, false statements, and not registering as a foreign agent. Rick Gates is regularly described as Manafort's right-hand-man or Manafort's protege. He was also: – Deputy chair of Trump's campaign – A Trump aide even after Manafort was ousted – Deputy chair of Trump's inaugural committee – Co-founder of Trump-blessed America First nonprofit — Daniel Dale (@ddale8) February 23, 2018 A superseding indictment was filed Thursday afternoon against Manafort and Gates, 32 criminal counts which featured charges of income tax evasion, bank fraud, and conspiracy. In the latest indictment, the feds charge that Manafort and Gates made “tens of millions” of dollars from their work with a pro-Russian political party in Ukraine, and then “engaged in a scheme to hide income from United States authorities.” The plea bargain by Gates comes a week after a federal grand jury indicted a group of Russians, as the feds set out the details of a well-financed operation that used social media to mainly support the candidacy of President Trump, and raise questions about the bid of Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton. This was the reaction from Manafort to the Gates plea. From Manafort re Gates pic.twitter.com/RV2RAkplue — Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) February 23, 2018