The checkout stand at the Sand Springs Walmart sent a teenager to the emergency room on Wednesday. Jared Robinson tells us he got an electrical shock that he felt go through his legs like a shock wave. "You walk up to it to press start and it zapped me," Robinson said. Jared's mother was a witness as the arc of electricity was recorded on Walmart surveillance video. "When he touched the machine the spark came out of the screen and we seen it and it blew him back. I mean it shocked him bad," Julie Robinson said. She worried what would happen if a child were to be shocked or an elderly person who was wearing a pacemaker.
Fox 23 News later found that the self-checkout registers had been roped off.
Walmart officials said they were investigating.