TULSA - A Tulsa man has died as the result of a fire in an east Tulsa home.
Tulsa Fire and EMSA paramedics were working hard to try and revive the man as they left the scene of the early morning fire Tuesday.
Neighbors tell KRMG a trash truck crew spotted the smoke and beat on their door, alerting them to the fire.
They had also called 911.
TFD District Chief Roger Williams said the fire was not large, and was contained to the front living area of the house near 129th E. Avenue and S. 34th Street.
They found the victim in a nearby bedroom, unresponsive and suffering from smoke inhalation.
Williams told KRMG that there was a smoke detector in the home, and it had a battery, but it was not working.
He said early indications are that the fire could have smoldered for a long time.