The Tulsa Zoo is asking for public input to name its two jaguar cubs that were born on April 22nd.
The Tulsa Zoo put together a list of ten names that represent the jaguars’ geographic origin and rich Mayan culture. The top two names chosen by the public will be given to the two jaguar cubs. The names are:
- Kawil (ka weel): Controller of power
- Balam (bah LAM): Jaguar in Mayan language
- Hunahpu (hoon-ahpu): Controller of the sun
- Xaman Ek (shaman ek): Guide of merchants
- Chac (CHaK): Controller of rain and thunder
- Yum Caax (yum KA ash): Controller of nature and wilderness
- Tepeu (te PA): Master of sky and creation
- Ah Tabai (ah Tah bahE): Master of the hunt
- Kabah (K’abah): Strong hand
- Xbalanque (sherbalanky): Master of the night, thrower of stars across the sky
Click here to vote for your two favorite names. Voting ends at 11:59 P.M. tonight and the names will be revealed September 12th.