The first time the baby burst into flames he was only nine days old.
Since that time Rahul has been found on fire three more times.
Doctors say the Indian child is one of only 200 cases of spontaneous human combustion in the past 300 years, and he’s one of the worst.
Rahul is in a hospital recovering from the burns covering his body after the bizarre and unfortunate incidents.
Personnel there keep a bucket of water and fire extinguisher by his bed at all times.
Doctors treating Rahul say his case is the "rarest of rare occurrences,” and they describe it like this.
Combustible gas is apparently excreted from the body, and the tiniest spark, like static electricity generated by silk fabric, can start a fire.
The Times of India reports Rahul's parents will undergo training on how to cut down on the possibilities of combustion.
"We have to teach them to avoid sending the child out in the sun and specify the kinds of clothes he can wear when he grows up," they explained.
Oklahoma may have had its very own case of SHC in 2013, read more here.