TULSA, Okla. - Road construction in the Tulsa area and across Oklahoma could impact your Christmas travel plans.
Here are some Tulsa-area construction projects to be aware of when you hit the road:
- All lanes of eastbound I-44 are shifted to a new section of pavement at 177th E. Ave. (Lynn Lane).
- SH-151 is closed to through traffic between the SH-51 and US-412/US-64 junctions until late 2014 for a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers bridge project. Drivers can use SH-48 or SH-97/SH-51 as a detour during this project.
- All lanes of north and southbound Lewis Ave. are closed at the I-44 junction. The east and westbound I-44 off-ramps, and westbound on-ramp at Lewis Ave. are closed. use Harvard Ave. or Peoria Ave. for access to and from Lewis Avenue.
- East and westbound I-244 is narrowed to two open lanes in each direction between 21st St. to 2nd St.; all traffic is shifted to the westbound I-244 bridge. The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to eastbound I-244 (south leg to west leg IDL) is closed through fall 2014. Follow detour at the southeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop to east and north legs. The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 ramp from Denver Ave. The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to westbound I-244/southbound US-75 (south leg IDL to Arkansas River). The westbound I-244 off-ramp to eastbound US-64/SH-51 (west leg to south leg IDL). The eastbound I-244 ramp to 7th Street and the eastbound I-244 ramp from 17th St.
Statewide, you'll run into the following road construction projects:
- I-40 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between US-283 and SH-152 near Sayre for a resurfacing project.
- I-44 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between SH-36 to near US-70 south of Randlett for a highway rehabilitation project.
- The right lane of southbound US-69 is closed approximately one mile north of Pryor for pavement rehabilitation.
- Southbound US-69 is narrowed to one lane north of SH-165/Peak Blvd. in Muskogee for surface repairs. All lanes will open to traffic between Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Thursday, Dec. 26.
- Northbound lanes of US-69 are narrowed between Kiowa and Savanna for a resurfacing project.
- SH-3/US-412 is narrowed to one lane and signals are in place at Coldwater Creek, approximately one mile east of SH-94, near Hardesty for a bridge rehabilitation project.
- SH-33 is narrowed to one lane just west of the US-183 junction north of Clinton for a bridge rehabilitation project.
- US-62/SH-9 is narrowed to one lane at Line Creek (between Frisco Ave. and 16th St.) in Chickasha for a bridge rehabilitation project.
- US-70 is narrowed to one open lane and signals are in place just north of the SH-78 junction in Durant for a bridge rehabilitation project.
- SH-48 is closed and a detour is in place at the Blue River, north of the SH-78 junction for a bridge project.
- US-70 is narrowed to one lane in each direction at Yashua Creek, approximately three miles south of Broken Bow for a bridge project.
- SH-100/US-64 is closed at the Arkansas River between Webbers Falls and Gore for a bridge rehabilitation project. Drivers will detour to I-40 and SH-10.
- SH-56 is narrowed to one lane and traffic signals are in place just west of Okmulgee for a bridge project.
- SH-18 is closed at West Beaver Creek one mile south of SH-105 near Agra for a bridge replacement project. Drivers will detour to SH-66, US-177 and SH-105.
- SH-66 is closed at the Deep Fork River one mile east of US-177 near Warwick for a bridge replacement project. A local detour is in place.
- SH-33 and US-177 traffic is shifted and a signal is in place near Perkins for a bridge project.
- US-77 is closed five miles south of Tonkawa at Bird’s Nest Creek for a bridge rehabilitation project. Drivers will detour to US-60, I-35 and SH-15.