ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day
84°
Sunny
H 96° L 72°
  • cloudy-day
    84°
    Current Conditions
    Sunny. H 96° L 72°
  • clear-day
    92°
    Evening
    Sunny. H 96° L 72°
  • cloudy-day
    73°
    Morning
    Mostly Cloudy. H 90° L 69°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg news on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg traffic on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg weather on demand

00:00 | 00:00

Local
Nike quickly pulls Boston Massacre t-shirts
Close

Nike quickly pulls Boston Massacre t-shirts

Nike quickly pulls Boston Massacre t-shirts
(Photo) Boston Massacre shirt

Nike quickly pulls Boston Massacre t-shirts

 

The t-shirts were made for the famous rivalry between the New York Yankees and the Red Sox.

But with the bombings at the Boston Marathon last week Nike realized they had to pull the shirts and do it fast.

The shirts were all blue with the words Boston Massacre on the front splattered with what looks like blood.

The phrase Boston Massacre has been used to describe the 1978 Yankees sweep of Boston in a late season series that helped propel the Yankees into the playoffs and an eventual World Series title.

But after the events of last week the company says they won’t sell the shirts from this point forward.

Nike’s Mary Remuzzi told The Associated Press “we conducted this process as quickly as possible and are confident the product has been removed from distribution.”

More here.

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

  • A California man accused of killing his missing 5-year-old son laughed and attempted to joke with a Las Vegas judge Tuesday during an extradition hearing. Aramazd Andressian Sr., 35, of South Pasadena, was arrested Friday and charged with murder in the presumed death of his son, Aramazd Andressian Jr., who has been missing since April. Andressian, who authorities believe was preparing to flee to a country that would not extradite him back to the U.S., is being held in lieu of a $10 million bond.  Investigators had Andressian taken into custody in Las Vegas, where he lived on and off in the two months since his son was last seen, to prevent his potential flight. Reporters from KTLA in Los Angeles were in a courtroom there on Tuesday for Andressian’s extradition hearing.  Video from the news station showed Andressian, who had recently shaved off his beard and dyed his dark hair blond, smiling and laughing with fellow inmates. During Andressian’s time before the bench, the judge asked him if he intended to fight extradition.  “No, I never came here in an attempt to flee,” Andressian said.  When the judge mentioned the California media present in the courtroom, Andressian joked that the reporters could take him back with them.  KTLA reported that Aramazd Andressian Jr., whose nickname was Piqui, was last seen leaving Disneyland with his father around 1 a.m. April 21. Andressian told authorities he took his son to the Cachuma Lake Recreation Area in Santa Barbara County later that morning. Though investigators did find evidence that Andressian was at the lake that day, there were no sightings of Piqui.   The boy’s mother, Ana Estevez, reported him missing on April 22 when Andressian failed to show up for the scheduled custody exchange of their son. The Los Angeles Times reported that Andressian was found unconscious that same day in a South Pasadena park. His gray 2004 BMW was doused in gasoline, the Times said. Authorities said Andressian had taken prescription pills in what they believe was an attempted suicide.  Though he was initially held in his son’s disappearance, he was later released due to lack of evidence. Andressian, who said he didn’t know what happened to his son, stopped cooperating and hired a lawyer, authorities said.  >> Read more trending news Investigators have said little about the circumstantial evidence against Andressian, but have said that, as Estevez, multiple law enforcement agencies and volunteers searched in vain for the boy, Andressian was instead “socializing” in Las Vegas. “He was taking part in activities and displaying mannerisms that were not consistent with a grieving parent,” Los Angeles County sheriff’s Lt. Joe Mendoza said Monday at a news conference.  Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said at the news conference that trying a murder case without a victim’s body has challenges, but that her office has prosecuted similar cases successfully in the past.  “It may seem unusual to file murder charges when we have not yet found the child’s body,” Lacey said. “But rest assured, my office has successfully prosecuted such cases before.” Investigators said they believe that Andressian killed his son in a “pre-planned event” because of an acrimonious divorce from his ex-wife. Estevez released a statement about the loss of her son, the Times reported.  “My heart is shattered, and I will miss my son immensely each and every second of every day for the rest of my life,” she said. “Piqui was everything great in my life, and I cannot imagine the emptiness and void that I will bear until we are together again someday.” A $30,000 reward is being offered for information on Piqui’s disappearance. 
  • A pair of morning tweets by President Donald Trump, where he attacked the hosts of a morning cable television show in personal terms, drew public rebukes from a handful of GOP lawmakers in the Congress, as Speaker Paul Ryan said the President’s outburst was not “appropriate,” and did not aid efforts to instill more civility in politics. “Obviously, I don’t see that as an appropriate comment,” Speaker Ryan said in a response to a question from a reporter from Fox News. “What we’re trying to do around here is improve the tone, the civility, of the debate; and this obviously doesn’t help do that,” the Speaker added. The social media dustup began this morning when comments on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” program drew the ire of the President on Twitter: I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came.. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 29, 2017 …to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 29, 2017 “This is a President who fights fire with fire, and certainly will not be allowed to be bullied by liberal media and the liberal elites within the media or Hollywood.”,” White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on Fox News this morning. For the most part, Republicans in Congress had little to say about the President’s tweets. But there were a few exceptions: Mr. President, your tweet was beneath the office and represents what is wrong with American politics, not the greatness of America. — Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) June 29, 2017 Please just stop. This isn't normal and it's beneath the dignity of your office. — Ben Sasse (@BenSasse) June 29, 2017 This is not okay. As a female in politics I am often criticized for my looks. We should be working to empower women. https://t.co/sV6WDE0EUD — Lynn Jenkins (@RepLynnJenkins) June 29, 2017 MCCAIN on Trump's Tweets this morning: 'It's hard to understand, and not presidential…' — Frank Thorp V (@frankthorp) June 29, 2017 Mr. Trump’s tweets came on a day when Republicans in the Congress wanted to focus on a pair of bills being voted on in the House, which would take federal dollars away from so-called ‘sanctuary cities,’ and toughen penalties on illegal immigrants who are deported and then come back to the United States. MESSAGE DISCIPLINE! Today ALL comms coming out of WH shd be focused on #KatesLaw and #NoSanctuaryforCriminalsAct — not cable TV hosts. — Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) June 29, 2017 Mr. Trump used his official @POTUS Twitter account to try to get back on message, tweeting three times in nine minutes about those House immigration bills. But those immigration tweets were not sent out on the President’s personal Twitter platform.
  • A pregnant woman driving an SUV reportedly chased down a suspected purse thief and struck him with her vehicle in a Walmart parking lot in Asheville, North Carolina – and it was all caught on video. >> Watch the video here According to WLOS-TV, Christine Braswell, 26, confronted the man Wednesday afternoon after he allegedly grabbed her purse and other items from her SUV.  >> Body found in locked Walmart bathroom that employees assumed was out of order for days 'He was with my purse and he took off and I took off after him,' Braswell told WLOS. 'Me being five months pregnant, I chased a little ways then come back, jumped in the car, threw it in gear and come across the curb and ran him over. I was not going to let him get away with it. It's not right; it's not fair.' >> Read more trending news Police said the suspect, Robert Raines, was treated for minor injuries and faces felony charges of breaking and entering, larceny and property damage. Braswell also faces a misdemeanor charge of assault with a deadly weapon, WLOS reported. Read more here.
  • A woman choked her dog to death because she was tired of the dog biting her.  A Monroe County Sheriff's statement says 61-year-old Alice Evans told deputies on Saturday that the dog named Big John had bitten her on the hand the previous night. She was arrested Tuesday on a felony charge of cruelty to animals.   The arrest report says Evans told investigators she choked the dog with his collar and buried him in the backyard. The report says the wound on Evans hand was 'no larger than a pencil eraser.'   The deputy dug up the dog's body and took it to a veterinarian for a necropsy, which confirmed the cause of death to be strangulation.   Jail records don't list an attorney for Evans.
  • A video stunt gone wrong leaves a woman charged in the fatal shooting of her boyfriend.   Monalisa Perez, of Halstad, was charged Wednesday with second-degree manslaughter in the death of Pedro Ruiz III.   A criminal complaint says the 19-year-old Perez told authorities Ruiz wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a bullet into a book he was holding against his chest. She says she fired from about a foot away.   Authorities say Ruiz died from a single gunshot wound to the chest.   The victim's aunt, Claudia Ruiz, tells WDAY-TV that the couple played pranks and put them on YouTube.   Perez was granted a public defender and released on $7,000 bail.   The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison.