ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
87°
Mostly Cloudy
H 88° L 65°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    87°
    Current Conditions
    Mostly Cloudy. H 88° L 65°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    67°
    Morning
    Mostly Cloudy. H 88° L 65°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    82°
    Afternoon
    Mostly Cloudy. H 86° L 66°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg news on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg traffic on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg weather on demand

00:00 | 00:00

Local
Man accused of killing mother, kidnapping child waives extradition
Close

Man accused of killing mother, kidnapping child waives extradition

Man accused of killing mother, kidnapping child waives extradition
Robert Connor III

Man accused of killing mother, kidnapping child waives extradition

Update: A man accused of killing his 62-year-old mother and kidnapping his six-year-old son is expected back in Oklahoma next week. 

Osage County sheriff's office tells KRMG Robert Connor III has waived extradition to Oklahoma.  He's currently in Denton, Texas after being found in a motel near Dallas. 

UPDATE: KRMG has confirmed that family members have Declan's brother, Jonathan, and are working with DHS to bring Declan back to Oklahoma.

Debbie Connor's daughter, Natalie, tells FOX23 that her mother was a graduate of Charles Page High School and was well known around town.

She also says it's likely that Jonathan and Declan saw and heard what happened. They are working to have the boys speak with a counselor  tomorrow.


UPDATE: Police in Lewisville, Texas have taken a Sand Springs murder suspect into custody and safely recovered his 6-year-old son.

Capt. Jay Powell says officers used a PA system to contact Robert Leroy Connor at the Fairfield Marriot Hotel in Lewisville, a few miles north of the Dallas-Ft. Worth airport.

Connor did surrender peacefully, though he had refused to respond to police for several hours.

His son, Declan Connor, was recovered safely at the hotel, along with a small dog that had been left in Connor's vehicle overnight.

KRMG is working to obtain additional details about Connor's status and whether he will fight extradition back to Oklahoma.


Update: Police in Lewsiville, Texas have surrounded a hotel there believing that Amber Alert victim Declan Connor is being held by his father, Robert Leroy Connor.

SWAT teams have moved into position and negotiators are on-scene as well.  Rooms near where the suspect and victim are thought to be are being evacuated as police try to get closer to the situation.

KRMG News reporter Russell Mills is en route to the scene.

You can hear his updates on this Breaking News story on FM102.3 and AM740/Newstalk KRMG.


Authorities are looking for a man who is accused of shooting his mother to death in Osage County.

Lawmen are looking for 37-year old Robert Connor who is considered to be armed and dangerous.

An Amber Alert that was issued Tuesday night also accuses Connor of kidnapping his six-year old son Decklan Connor after the homicide.

Decklan Connor has brown eyes and is four feet tall and weighs 85 pounds.

He has black hair that is short on the sides and longer on the top.

The boy was wearing only underwear when he was taken from a home near 9600 Hidden Acres Lane in Sand Springs about 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Robert Connor was driving a tan 2002 Ford Crown Victoria with license plate number 197 HNK.

He is described as being six feet, one inch tall and he weighs 200 pounds.

Connor has a double-T tattoo on his left arm and was possibly wearing a tan or gray teeshirt with jean shorts.

He has a short haircut that has been shaved with clippers.

His hair is dark brown in color.

We're told Robert Connor also has mental issues for which he  has been ordered to take medication for several weeks, but may not have been doing so.

If you have useful information that could help authorities find Robert and Decklan Connor, you're asked to call 911.

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

  • If you have outdoor plans for today, there will be no need to keep your eyes on the sky. National Weather Service Meteorologist Mark Plate says conditions will remain pleasant throughout the day in the Tulsa area. “It should still be a pretty nice day,” Plate said.  “Partly cloud skies, with the high temperature in the upper 80s.  Relatively low humidity values and light winds.” The low Sunday night will be around 63 degrees. We’ll see more of the same to start the work week.  NWS reports sunny skies though Wednesday and highs will remain in the upper 80s.  
  • If you’re carrying trafficking amounts of drugs, it’s probably not a good idea to drive through a police barricade.   Rufus Newsome learned that lesson the hard way Saturday night, when he reportedly drove through a barricade at the Tulsa officer-involved shooting scene.  This happened around 9:35 p.m., near 3rd and Garnett.  Police say Newsome was driving at a high-rate of the speed after passing the barricade and could have hit multiple pedestrians.  Eventually, he stopped and tried his luck on foot.   “Caught the suspect and the suspect resisted by pulling his hands away,” police said.  “As he was in custody, he spit two times on (officer’s name redacted).” Officers recovered a trafficking amount of cocaine base.   Newsome has been booked into the Tulsa County Jail.  
  • A suspect is dead, following an officer-involved shooting Saturday night near 4th and Garnett. Tulsa police report a pursuit stopped in the area and a suspect tried to flee on foot.   KRMG’s told he ran to a home, tried to kick in the door and then reportedly pulled out a gun.  During this time, he was shot by officers.   Neighbors we spoke to were concerned because they weren't sure what had happened. “All of a sudden we heard the gunshots,” a witness said.  “We didn’t know what was going on.” So far, no names have been released. We do know the suspect was said to be riding in a stolen car. KRMG will update the story when more information comes into the newsroom.
  • Responding to concerns about personal security for lawmakers after last week’s gun attack at a Congressional baseball practice, U.S. House leaders are moving to provide extra money to members for protection back home, as well as new funding to bolster the work of police and security officials on Capitol Hill. Under a plan approved by a House spending subcommittee on Friday, the Congress would provide an extra $7.5 million next year to the Capitol Police for an “increased security posture” around the Capitol, along with $5 million to the House Sergeant at Arms to help with security for lawmakers back in their districts. “We are taking a new fresh look at security,” said Rep. Kevin Yoder (R-KS), the Chairman of subcommittee that deals with funding for the Legislative Branch. Our FY18 Legislative Branch funding bill increases efficiency & transparency in Congress, enhances security for Members & our constituents. pic.twitter.com/FI36tF2XeH — Rep. Kevin Yoder (@RepKevinYoder) June 22, 2017 “The tragic events of June 14 weigh heavily on these deliberations,” said Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ), the Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, which could vote on the extra money as early as this next week. Also being put into motion is a separate plan to funnel an extra $25,000 to each member of the House – about $11 million in all – to help them increase security back in their districts. “The scariest part for us is there used to be this impression by the public that we all had security everywhere we went,” said Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH). “Now, everyone knows that isn’t the case,” Ryan added, as he lent his support to the extra funding for security as well. The money in this budget bill would not take effect until the new fiscal year – which starts October 1 – so, House leaders are ready to okay extra money immediately for members worried about security back in their districts. Roll Call newspaper reported that could be approved in coming days by the House Administration Committee. Yoder said Congressional leaders are also waiting to see if money raised in campaign contributions for House elections could be put to use for security as well. “Pending an FEC (Federal Election Commission) decision, we’re also looking at whether campaign funds could be used to continue to support security upgrades at personal residences,” Yoder added.
  • An unknown aged girl went to the hospital with burns to her legs, following an overnight house fire. KRMG’s told the fire started around 2:40 a.m., at a residence on West 50th Court North. The homeowner says he was able to get his daughter, grand daughter and sleeping brother out of the house. So far, firefighters haven't released a cause for the fire.  The homeowner believes fumes from a gas can in the garage may have cause the blaze.