"It was like a bomb,” Jennifer Lyons said.
Lyons was on the phone inside her home when the 300,000 volt bolt blasted through her satellite dish.
"I was knocked back. There was debris everywhere,” she told The Mirror.
SWNS reports the strike blew light switches and plugs out of the wall, knocked out the phone and internet, and started the house on fire.
Nevertheless, other than a bump on the noggin, Jennifer was unhurt.
The flip-flops she was wearing had rubber soles, saving her from further injury.
"A fireman said it was one of the most unusual cases he'd seen," Lyons remembered.
Even though she escaped relatively unscathed, the Chippenham, Wiltshire nurse was amazed by what happened.
"You think you'd be safe from lightning in your own home," she said.