It’s the time of year Oklahoma drivers dread.
The snow clearing out and the potholes pop up everywhere.
A little planning can help you avoid car damage or even injuries.
AAA has created a list of safety tips to follow while driving on roads with large amounts of potholes:
- Keep an eye on traffic patterns. Cars that slow down or move quickly to other lanes may be a sign of major potholes or road damage ahead.
- Beware of snow, ice or water that may be concealing a deep pothole.
- Report major potholes or road damage to your state or local transportation department.
- Avoid swerving. Swerving can cause a loss of vehicle control.
- Slow down. Carefully avoid sharp impact with potholes.
- Roll through. Rolling through the pothole is better than braking rapidly.
-Inflate tires properly. Over inflated and under inflated tires increase risk of tire and wheel damage.
To report a pothole in Tulsa, call the Customer Care Center. The number is (918) 596-2100.