TULSA - One of the two men who survived the murderous Good Friday shooting rampage in Tulsa last year says he's not in favor of the death penalty for the accused shooters.
Deon Tucker spoke with KRMG just moments after Tulsa County D.A. Tim Harris announced he would seek the death penalty against Jacob England, 20, and Alvin Watts, 33.
"Well, I really don't believe in the death penatlty," Tucker said. "To me, that's the easy way out. I'd rather for'em to sit in jail and think about it twenty, thirty years from now."
Tucker says he spoke with family members of some of the other victims at the courthouse after a recent hearing in the case, and said they asked him about it.
"I guess they heard I was against the death penalty," he says, adding he didn't try to change their minds.