While you were sleeping, a Tulsa home received heavy damage when the fireplace set the attic on fire.
The fire was reported at about 1:30 a.m. today at 13418 East 46th Street.
Tulsa District Fire Chief Roger Williams tells us the occupants were inside of their house "when they heard some crackling and stuff going on in the fireplace that wasn't a normal sound for them."
He said they went outside to find smoke and flames showing from the top of the chimney.
We're told the fire had gotten outside of the chimney and was up in the attic.
"It appeared from what we saw that the fireplace flue had lost its integrity and set the structural members up in the attic on fire."
Williams said no one was injured.
He said the family was displaced for the night and until repairs can be made.