The two friends, aged 13 and 14, were headed home from school.
The school that the two Detroit boys attend was closed early due to a power outage.
As they were walking, the older boy ducked under a power line, grabbed it as if to brush it out of his way. The power line had been knocked
He became stuck to the wire and was being electrocuted.
His fast-thinking buddy grabbed a piece of wood and used it to pry his friend’s hands off the wire.
The-year-old was taken to the hospital with a faint pulse and was at last report in critical condition.
The 13-year-old, who is being called a hero this morning, was not hurt.