American’s may like different sports teams and have opposite political views. We may like one kind of music more than our neighbor and prefer chicken over beef.
But even in a country as large and diversified as the US, there are some things almost all of us agree on.
When you combine the results from polling firms like Gallup, Pew the General Social Survey there were 12 things 90% of American’s say they believed in.
- Believe in God.
- Are very patriotic.
- Consider preventing terrorism a very important foreign policy goal.
- Admire those who get rich by working hard.
- Believe cloning humans would be morally wrong.
- Believe it's wrong for married people to have affairs.
- Are interested in keeping up with national affairs.
- Believe it's their duty to always vote.
- Think society should ensure everyone has equal opportunity to succeed.
- Think it's important to get more than a high school education.
- Favor teaching sex education in public schools.
- Find birth control morally acceptable.
What do you think? Do you agree with these beliefs? Please leave us your thoughts and opinions in the comments section.