Many local families are struggling to keep their families safe even indoors during this long stretch of triple digit temperatures.
A couple in Owasso finally has their air back on after they had to shut it down on Sunday.
Sue Ann Edford's husband has Multiple Sclerosis. So, she tries to keep it cool.
She tells KRMG, "The outside unit was so hot that when we sprayed water on it, it was just like a steam bath. So, at that point we had to turn it completely off and we can't even open our windows because not only does my husband have M.S., but he's allergic to everything under the sun."
Monday the house was so hot that Sue Ann started to feel sick.
"I had a severe headache yesterday. I sent my husband to work."
She told her husband to stay at work as long as possible.
They called the insurance company who finally sent out a repairman.
The bigger problem is that they've been dealing with an air conditioner that breaks down for the last few years.
With electric bills up to $500 a month in the summer, Sue Ann says they can't come up with the money to replace it.