ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
85°
Thunderstorms
H 89° L 72°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    85°
    Current Conditions
    Thunderstorms. H 89° L 72°
  • partly-cloudy-tstorms-day Created with Sketch.
    80°
    Afternoon
    Thunderstorms. H 89° L 72°
  • rain-day Created with Sketch.
    81°
    Evening
    Showers. H 84° L 63°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg news on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg traffic on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg weather on demand

00:00 | 00:00

News
Kevin Durant, OKC Thunder donate $2 million to Moore tornado relief
Close

Kevin Durant, OKC Thunder donate $2 million to Moore tornado relief

Kevin Durant, OKC Thunder donate $2 million to Moore tornado relief
Photo Credit: Rick Couri
Damage from a massive tornado in Moore, Oklahoma, May 20, 201

Kevin Durant, OKC Thunder donate $2 million to Moore tornado relief

Durant made the pledge and then asked his over four million followers on Twitter to give as well.

Kevin Durant ‏@KDTrey51 “Text “REDCROSS” to 90999 for $10 donation to help tornado victims in #OKC #okwx”

The Thunder star had previously sent this message out.

Kevin Durant ‏@KDTrey5 “Praying for the victims of the Tornadoes in OKC these last few days..Everybody stay safe!”

After Durant stepped to the charity stripe with cash, so did the Thunder. OKC matched the donation with another million. The release from the Thunder is below.

Oklahoma City, Tuesday, May 21 – The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Thunder Cares Foundation today announced a joint donation of $1 million to benefit the local chapters of the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army, as well as other disaster relief organizations, to assist in relief efforts for those affected by the tornado outbreaks in central Oklahoma this week. The funds will be used to give direct and immediate support for those in need, covering essentials such as food, water and shelter in the days and weeks to come.

Thunder Chairman Clay Bennett issued this statement on behalf of the Thunder organization:

“Our hearts go out to all those affected by the devastation that has occurred within our community this week. We are focusing Thunder resources to help where we can in the relief efforts and to support the organizations that are on the ground assisting those affected by this week’s storms. Even with so much loss, the strength and resiliency of this community have once again been on display, and we will continue to work together as our community and state recover from this disaster.”

Anyone wishing to assist with relief efforts is encouraged to call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit http://redcross.org to donate to the Red Cross, or go to http://donate.salvationarmyusa.org/uss/eds/aok to donate to the Salvation Army.

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

  • You can bet that one ISIS fighter, never saw it coming. Business Insider says, according to the Globe and Mail, a Canadian sniper took out the fighter with a shot from more than two MILES away. If the report is accurate, the shot would be a record-breaker, by far. The current confirmed record is 1.54 miles by a British sniper. There's plenty of skepticism from other snipers about this new report, but others concede that with the kind of rifle and optics that were used, it's theoretically possible. You can read more about the report here.
  • Police hope the public can help them track down the man they say murdered his estranged wife outside her Tulsa home early Thursday morning. Homicide Det. Dave Walker says they believe Jose Gomez Baca shot and killed Elizabeth Rodriguez shortly after she arrived home about 1:30 a.m. near Admiral and Memorial in an ambush-style attack. Family members of the victim were in the home, including her brother, Gilberto Rodriguez. “I was in my room, my brother woke me up and told me that my sister was dying outside,” Rodriguez told KRMG news partner FOX23. “I came outside and she was in the car dying. My mom was holding her, she died in my mom’s hands.” Sobbing, he couldn’t continue the interview. Police say Gomez Baca is armed with a handgun and a shotgun, should be considered extremely dangerous, and should not be approached. He’s believed to be driving a Gray, 2004 Dodge Ram pickup truck, with Oklahoma tag 146 QAO. Anyone spotting him or the vehicle is urged to call 911.
  • Almost six weeks after he suggested on Twitter that he might have “tapes” of conversations with former FBI Director James Comey, President Donald Trump on Thursday acknowledged that he “did not make” and does “not have” any such recordings, which had drawn interest from lawmakers in Congress. “James Comey better hope that there are no “tapes” of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” the President tweeted just three days after firing Comey last month. But in a pair of tweets on Thursday afternoon, Mr. Trump said if there are tapes, he doesn’t have them. …whether there are 'tapes' or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 22, 2017 The question of whether there were “tapes” of conversations between the President and Comey had roiled the Congress, and the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 elections. Asked about it during his testimony earlier this month before the Senate Intelligence Committee, Comey said, “Lordy, I hope there are tapes,” as he said it would be fine to release them to the public. Several committees in Congress had asked for the tapes as well. Comey: “Release all the tapes. I’m good with it.” https://t.co/FbmTfZFI1g — NBC News (@NBCNews) June 8, 2017 The White House had for weeks refused to directly answer questions about whether the President had a taping system that he used in the Oval Office, and if he did, whether it had recorded conversations with Comey. The President had plenty of opportunities before today to say there were no tapes; at a joint news conference with the leader of Romania earlier this month, Mr. Trump sidestepped a direct answer about tapes, and simply promised to let reporters know his answer in the future. “I’m not hinting about anything,” the President said, saying he would let reporters know the answer “in a short period of time.”
  • After weeks of closed door negotiations, Senate Republicans on Thursday released their plan to overhaul the Obama health law, as GOP leaders again signaled they are ready to push ahead with a vote in the full Senate as early as next week. The 142 page bill – labeled a ‘discussion draft’ – was posted online by the GOP, as the Senate Majority Leader made clear he’s ready to move forward. “Obamacare isn’t working – by any nearly any measure it has failed,” said Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who said action is needed now by the Congress. Democrats immediately denounced the plan. “It’s every bit as bad a the House bill,” said Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer. “In some ways, it’s worse.” “I think it’s a good proposal overall,” said Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), trailed by a pack of reporters as he left a closed door meeting of GOP Senators where the health plan was rolled out. “It’s the first time that we’ve really looked at it as far as the details are concerned,” McCain added. Like McCain, many other GOP Senators had little to say about the details of the plan, having just seen them a few minutes earlier in their meeting. “The bill is on line for all of you to read,” said Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN), who was mobbed by reporters for comment.
  • Multiple brands of hummus sold at Walmart and other stores have been recalled because of potential contamination. An announcement from the Knoxville, Tennessee, based company House of Thaller says it is recalling packages of Hummus with Pine Nut Topping “because an ingredient supplier notified us that their ingredient has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.” The announcement has been posted on the FDA website since June 19 as a public service.  According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, symptoms of listeria infection include headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance, fever and muscle aches.  The affected products were sent to multiple grocery stories, such as Target, Kroger, Walmart, Fred Meyer and others, from April 18, 2017 to June 13, 2017. Products include Fresh Foods Market’s Artisan Hummus - Pine Nuts; Lantana brand White Bean Hummus with Pine Nut & Herb Topping; and Marketside Classic Hummus with Pine Nuts. Each product comes in clear, round plastic 10-ounce cups.  No illnesses have been reported in relation to the recall. Customers who have the products listed should not eat them and contact the House of Thaller Customer Service Center Monday through Friday at 855-215-5142. The full list of products, including photos of the affected products and expiration dates and lot codes for each, are at the FDA website.