- Beef penis improperly sold for human consumption, suit alleges
- Neighbor captures video of kids kicking, throwing puppy
- Waffle House employee kills customer, police say
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Jimmy Fallon and Chris Christie prove dads can't dance
Jennifer Devereaux's little girl had to go to the bathroom, but the flight attendant said no.
A half hour later the 3-year-old went anyway—right there on the seat, Reuters reports.
"It wasn’t about bad customer service, it was about human decency," Devereaux said.
Newser reports it all started when the flight attendant said the girl, Summers, couldn't use the restroom while the plane sat on a tarmac in New York, CBS Boston reports. Summers started crying, but the attendant still said no. "She snapped at me, 'No sit down,'" said Devereaux.
Devereaux got up to clean the mess and refused to comply with the flight attendant's order to sit down. At that point, the plane started moving toward the gate and the pilot announced that a non-compliant passenger was on board who had to be taken to security. Devereaux said she got scared, but an off-duty pilot sitting nearby persuaded the crew that things were OK.
JetBlue offered Devereaux $50 off a future flight and $5,000 to the charity of her choice. "Happy tears," wrote Devereaux on Twitter, "a really nice lady apologized to me!"