- Amazing video: Pet cat saves autistic boy from dog attack
- Ohio teen catches 3-foot 'river monster' on flooded street
- Condition updated for boys hurt in swept away bounce house
- 6 brothers, parents charged in abuse case
- Mom gives birth to rare 'mono-mono' identical twins
Those big eyes, the little whimpers, how can you not cave and give your pampered pooch a little taste? But before you do, there are some human favorites that your doggie's system can't handle.
Here are the top seven you need to avoid so you can avoid a trip to the vet.
According to DogShow.com, the chemical that gives chocolate that yummy taste can be deadly to dogs. It is actually the most common cause of dog poisoning. Signs of chocolate poisoning are as small as vomiting and diarrhea to respiratory failure or cardiac arrest.
2. Grapes and raisins
The ASPCA says grape and raisins has been associated with dogs' kidney failure. Doctors are not sure what exactly causes it, so the safest course of action is to not let your pets have grapes or raisins.
3. Onions and garlic
Onions may make you cry, but the ASPCA says there are compounds in anything in the onion family that can damage your dog's red blood cells. Garlic is more dangerous than onions.
4. Macadamia nuts
While healthy for humans, Macadamia nuts are dangerous, but usually not deadly for dogs. They may become weak in the legs and have tremors for up to 48 hours after ingesting the nut, according to DogShow.com.
Avocado, according to the ASPCA , has the chemical called persin that can be toxic. But it will usually be a minor upset stomach, but only if they eat a large amount of the flesh or peel of an avocado.
Dogs are affected more by alcohol than people according to the ASPCA. Usually, it will cause vomiting and disorientation. But dogs, like humans, can have seizures, coma or die from too much alcohol. If a dog can't stand up, the ASPCA says they should be watched closely by a vet until they fully recover.
7. Bread dough
The yeast that makes the dough rise is dangerous for dogs in any amount. Yeast will multiply in the stomach, expanding, causing pain or even destroy tissue according to DogShow.com.