DAYTON, Ohio - Looking for a Valentine’s Day gift that will keep giving all year long? Create a year of dates for your loved one.
For just $7.18, you can create a unique gift that can be used all year long to keep your date nights interesting and different. For each of your dates nights, have your love pick a stick from the jar. Whatever it says you do. Simple, easy and fun.
Items I purchased:
- Box of colored craft sticks — $5.69 at Kmart
- Poster board — 50 cents at Dollar Tree
- Mason Jar — 99 cents at Goodwill
Items I already had:
- Black Sharpie
- If you use a box of colored craft sticks with multiple colors in them, then you will want to pick out the red sticks for use.
- Once you have picked out the red sticks, use your black Sharpie and write one date idea onto each craft stick. Try and get a variety of activities that will be fun for both you and your significant other.
- Place all your craft sticks into a Mason jar.
- With a piece of scrapbook paper or red poster board cut out a heart. The easiest way to cut out a heart is to fold the sheet in half. You will draw half of a heart right against the folded side of the sheet. Cut out this half hear, unfold and you will have a perfectly symmetric heart.
- On your heart use your marker and write a love note to your love.
- Cut a small slit in the left top side of your heart.
- Tie a ribbon into a knot around the mouth of the jar. Before you tie it into a bow, place one end of the ribbon through the slit.
- Tie your ribbon into a bow and you are ready to enjoy a year of unique and fun dates with the one you love.