ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day
73°
Partly Cloudy
H 83° L 53°
  • cloudy-day
    73°
    Current Conditions
    Partly Cloudy. H 83° L 53°
  • cloudy-day
    53°
    Afternoon
    Partly Cloudy. H 83° L 53°
  • clear-night
    49°
    Evening
    Clear. H 56° L 35°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg news on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg traffic on demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Krmg weather on demand

00:00 | 00:00

Entertainment
Lance Bass says NSYNC is reuniting, band says comments 'out of context'
Close

Lance Bass says NSYNC is reuniting, band says comments 'out of context'

What You Need to Know About Justin Timberlake

Lance Bass says NSYNC is reuniting, band says comments 'out of context'

NSYNC might be reuniting soon, according to member Lance Bass.

Entertainment Tonight reported that Bass, who is currently competing on the reality show "My Kitchen Rules," said the band is getting together again to celebrate the  20-year anniversary of its Christmas album,  "Home for Christmas," which was released in 1998.

>> Read more trending stories

"We're doing something. I don't know if I can announce it yet," Bass said. "We're coming out with a really cool vinyl edition of our Christmas album because it's coming up on the 20 years of that ('Home for Christmas') album," he said. "And then we're going to be getting our star on the (Hollywood) Walk of Fame this year at some point."

As for Justin Timberlake, arguably the most prominent member of the group, leaving the band was about the music.

"It started as a fun snowball fight that was becoming an avalanche. And, also, I was growing out of it," he told The Hollywood Reporter in the magazine's Feb. 17 issue. "I felt like I cared more about the music than some of the other people in the group. And I felt like I had other music I wanted to make and that I needed to follow my heart."

Bass, who told "ET" that he and his former bandmates "talk daily," will also be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this year.

The timing of the ceremony, however, will depend on everyone's schedules.

"We'll all be there!" Bass said. "We just have to decide on a date. We're terrible at planning things."

Although Bass never said the band would be back together to tour or make new music, some fans got their hopes up and speculated that it was on the table.

On Friday, NSYNC quelled the assumption made by some fans that the band was reuniting for new music with a Twitter statement, saying, "We always appreciate the love and excitement from our fans unfortunately Lance’s comments to the press were taken out of context. When there is real news from *NSYNC, you will hear it from all of us."

Member Joey Fatone tweeted a similar statement. Soon after, Bass clarified his own remarks, saying, "If people want to call the Walk Of Fame Star a 'reunion' then fine, but we have no plans on making any new music or tour."

The band previously formally reunited at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards as Timberlake was honored with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

  • An Ohio pastor, arrested in Dayton, was found guilty earlier this year for loitering to engage in solicitation, according to court records. >> Read more trending news Daniel P. Williams, 40, of Huber Heights, was found guilty in late August after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor count of loitering, according to Dayton Municipal Court. Williams’ employer is listed as Arrowbrook Baptist Church in Xenia in both court record and the police report. The church’s website also lists Williams as its pastor. Attempts to reach Williams by phone  were unsuccessful. Williams was originally charged with a second count of loitering and a third count of soliciting. Both were withdrawn upon his guilty plea, according to Dayton Municipal Court.  The violation happened at around noon Aug. 17, according to Dayton police. Williams was sentenced to 60 days in jail, with all 60 days suspended. He will be on probation for one year, according to court records.
  • The Oklahoma Senate approved a bill Friday that will cut funding to most state agencies and will spend cash reserves to help plugging the $215 million budget hole. Lawmakers were forced to fix a budget shortfall after they failed to pass a broad package of tax increases. The plan would impose cuts of about 2.5 percent on most agencies to make up for expected revenue lost from an unconstitutional cigarette tax the Legislature approved in May. The rest of would be filled by using one-time money, including savings accounts. Lawmakers returned to the Capitol on Sept. 25 for a special session to fix the budget and find longer-term solutions to chronic shortfalls that have forced deep cuts to agencies and services for three consecutive years.
  • After more than a decade of making cars and SUVs — and, more recently, solar panels — Tesla Inc. wants to electrify a new type of vehicle: big trucks. The company unveiled its new electric semitractor-trailer Thursday night near its design center in Hawthorne, California. CEO Elon Musk said the semi is capable of traveling 500 miles on an electric charge — even with a full 80,000-pound load — and will cost less than a diesel semi considering fuel savings, lower maintenance and other factors. Musk said customers can put down a $5,000 deposit for the semi now and production will begin in 2019. “We’re confident that this is a product that’s better in every way from a feature standpoint,” Musk told a crowd of Tesla fans gathered for the unveiling. Musk didn’t reveal the semi’s price. On Thursday night, Tesla surprised fans with another product: An updated version of its first sports car, the Roadster. Tesla says the new Roadster will have 620 miles of range and a top speed of 250 mph. The car, coming in 2020, will have a base price of $200,000.
  • The Trump Administration on Friday asked Congress to approve a third major disaster aid relief package for areas hit hard by hurricanes in 2017, which would bring total federal aid to nearly $100 billion, as for the first time, the White House proposed budget savings to offset some of that cost. “This year’s Atlantic hurricane season has resulted in historic, widespread destruction that continues to affect the lives of millions of Americans,” said White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney in a letter to the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan. In the same letter, Mulvaney that Congress has already approved over $53 billion in disaster relief this year, and that it’s time to find a way to pay for some of that. “The administration believes it is prudent to offset new spending,” Mulvaney added, sending a list of plans that would save $14.8 billion by using budget funds from past years which were never spent, and by canceling other programs. BREAKING: White House requests $44B hurricane aid package for Texas, Puerto Rico, smaller than requested. — AP Politics (@AP_Politics) November 17, 2017 The extra $44 billion is far less than what has been requested by officials in Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico; just this week, Puerto Rico’s Governor traveled to Washington, D.C. to personally request $94 billion in aid. “We would just like to stress that this is a conservative estimate,” said Gov. Ricardo Rossello of the disaster aid request, as his island continues to struggle in the aftermath of devastation from Hurricane Maria. Even before the latest White House disaster request was official, it was getting less than rave reviews in the Congress. “We’ve been continually told to wait, wait, wait,” said Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) about new disaster relief, as Lone Star State officials asked in October for $19 billion just for the state, and say infrastructure repairs could total $61 billion. Meanwhile, officials from Florida last month asked Congress for $27 billion in relief aid. Cornyn said Thursday night that his staff had reported this latest request from the White House was “wholly inadequate.” As for the budget cuts proposed by the White House – $14.8 billion would happen now, with an additional savings of $44 billion projected between 2025 and 2027. disaster11 Here is the list of budget cancellations and changes that the Trump Administration would make to save $14.8 billion: + Emergency farm conservation activities from Hurricane Sandy – $204 million + Advanced Tech Vehicle Manufacturing Loan Program – $4.33 billion + Obama stimulus loan program for innovative tech – $479.4 million + Obama stimulus program for National Emergency health Grants – $23 million + Excess money at the Army Corps of Engineers – $210 million + Army Corps, flood control after Hurricane Sandy – $519 million + Agricultural Research Service – $212 million + Rural Economic Development Grants – $196 million + Rural Business Program – $25 million + Rural Energy Savings program – $8 million + Unspent money at Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service – $72 million + Watershed & Flood Prevention – $90 million + Farm conservation programs – $1.42 billion + Supplemental WIC funding – $800 million + Unspent education money in Student Financial Assistance $3.9 billion + Unspent funds at HHS – $560 million + Justice Department working capital fund – $410 million + State Department, Democracy Fund – $99 million + Federal transportation highway aid – $1 billion + EPA state and tribal assistance grants – $150 million + EPA Environmental Programs and Management – $100 million Here is the full budget request for offsets on this latest hurricane aid plan. Those offsets amount to $14.8 billion, far short of the $53 billion that’s already been approved, without even including this latest request for another $44 billion.
  • Thursday, a local Subaru dealer handed over the keys to a brand new Outback SUV to a local Meals on Wheels program, thanks to a nationwide effort to “share the love.” Subaru is celebrating 50 years in the US by giving away 50 vehicles to Meals on Wheels around the country. The only one selected in Oklahoma was the metro Tulsa program. Lauren Danielson with Meals on Wheels tells KRMG the vehicle will help them serve their clients, especially when road conditions are bad and the normal volunteer routes can’t be covered. The keys for the new Outback were handed over personally by Larry Ferguson, owner of Ferguson Subaru in Broken Arrow, part of the Ferguson Superstore. He told KRMG Subaru of America has five charities it supports, including four national organizations.  Each dealership then chooses a local charity to support. Through January 2nd, Subaru of America will donate $250 to one of those charities for each new Subaru leased or purchased. “For every new Subaru sold, a portion of that goes to the charity, and that’s the customer’s choice,” Ferguson said. The local charity Ferguson chose this year is “Hope is Alive,” a group that works with people suffering addiction or alcoholism: