You might also be interested in the following related posts:
- How to take your couponing to the next level by giving back
- This week in deals: 30% off all baby and toddler at Old Navy
- Savings Secrets: 4 little-known shopping tips to save you 50% at the grocery store
- Simple Mother's Day gifts that your mom will love
- Five smart tech tools to bring on your next trip
Did you know that you can send your expired coupons to the Military? Military personnel and their families around the world shop at on-base stores called Commissaries, and can use coupons up to six month past their expiration date.
This means that you don't have to throw out all of your expired coupons! You can actually put those expired coupons to good use by sending them out to military families. Here's how to do it:
1. Visit The Overseas Program website .
2. Choose a Base from the "Base List."
3. Follow the instructions on the "Adoption" page in order to adopt a base.
4. Mail your expired coupons off to the base that you adopted, by using the instructions on the "Mailing" page.
That's it! It's pretty simple! And if you really want to make an impact, pull together a group of couponers in your area and donate your expired coupons together! This is a great way to give back, and an easy way at that!
Crystal Collins is an Atlanta local, adventurer, a health advocate and thrifty as can be. Check her out on her blog at TheThriftyMama.com .
(Source: Savings.com )