They say there's a light at the end of every tunnel.
A pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
A silver lining to every cloud.
No matter which way you state it, the fact remains—after every grueling, tedious and downright frustrating period of time, there usually follows a period of happiness.
Tax season is no different.
After all those hours you put in, and for all the research, receipt copying and math you had to do to get through for your taxes, the light at the end of the tunnel for tax season is the freebies and discounts that many companies offer on and around tax day.
Here's a bit of what you can look forward to this year:
- Free curly fries or potato cakes from Arby's
- Up to 5 lbs. of free paper shredding through May 1 at Office Depot
- Two free Cinnabon bites at participating Cinnabon locations
- 25 free black and white copies from Office Depot
- ½ price drinks at Sonic all day
Subway is offering a BOGO on breakfast sub through April
- Two rib meals at Boston Market for $10.40 on tax day only
- A free HydroMassage at participating locations, which you can find here
- A free small Schlotzsky's sandwich with the purchase of a 32 oz. fountain drink and chips
- A free birthday cake cookie from Great American Cookie
Be sure to check with your favorite local stores and restaurants, too, as some may be offering up discounts or freebies of their own.
Cheryl Lock is a personal finance writer at and former editor at LearnVest and Parents magazine. When she's not writing, she enjoys travel, which she blogs about at wearywanderer.wordpress.com.